The Walking Dead Beats Pretty Little Liars To Win People's Choice Award for Favorite Cable TV Drama
By nidhi tewari | January 9, 2014 3:13 PM EST
Zombie show The Walking Dead has won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Cable TV Drama on Wednesday. Norman Reedus could not have been more proud as series beat some really big ones like the Downton Abbey, Pretty Little Liars, Sons of Anarchy, and White Collar to grab the award.
The Walking Dead was up for four different awards at tonight's 40th Annual People's Choice Awards in the Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Show and the Favorite Cable TV Drama categories. Andrew Lincoln, who plays Rick Grimes on The Walking Dead, is nominated for awards in the Favorite TV Anti-Hero and the Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor categories.
"La or bust. Peopleschoiceawards. Get down!!," Reedus tweeted earlier today.
Meanwhile AMC has come out with a superb looking poster for the second half of The Walking Dead Season 4. One can see Carl Grimes (Chandler Riggs) and Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) walking on a railway track with a bold headline in red colour, "Don't Look Back." The words "Don't Look Back" were told by Rick to his son after he flees the prison in the Mid-Season Finale. Check out the poster here.
The Walking Dead has a huge fan following and is tipped as the most watched drama in basic cable history. The fans are waiting desperately for the show to return for another nail-biting season on Sunday, Feb. 9 at 9/8c on AMC. Fans of The Walking Dead will see new faces in Season 4 including Bob Stookey.
The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and has a wonderful star cast of Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chandler Riggs, Scott Wilson, Melissa McBride, David Morrissey, Emily Kinney, Danai Gurira, Chad Coleman and Sonequa Martin-Green. Fans are extremely happy that it has been awarded the coveted People's Choice Award.
"Woke up at 6.30am,was wide awake so had a 'the walking dead' marathon in bed," tweeted one fan jaybaso of the show.
Check out Norman Reedus at the award ceremony here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown