2nd Test, Day 2 Where to Watch Live: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Free Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 9, 2014 3:06 PM EST
After the Sri Lankan fast bowlers did their jobs admirably well on the opening day, it will be down to the batsmen to hand the away side a big advantage against Pakistan on day 2 of the second Test in Dubai.
Where to Watch Live
The second day of the second Test is scheduled for a 11.30 am IST and 11 am PST start with live coverage on Sony Six and Geo Super in India and Pakistan respectively. The match can be watched via free live streaming online in Pakistan HERE. Catch the action in the US HERE, while Sri Lanka viewers can go HERE. Audience in Africa can live stream the match HERE.
Suranga Lakmal, Shaminda Eranga and Nuwan Pradeep picked up seven wickets between them to shatter Pakistan's top order, with Rangana Herath then sending the tail-enders packing to bowl the designated home side out for a paltry 165.
In reply, Sri Lanka were on 57 for one after 16 overs, with Kaushal Silva and Kumar Sangakkara at the crease before play was brought to an end due to bad light.
"The bowlers have done a good job and it is now the turn of the batsmen to put runs on the board. They'll have to put their heads down and get a good score," bowling coach Chaminda Vaas said.
"I asked them to do the basics because Test cricket is all about basics. The bowlers bent their backs and bowled a pretty good line and length and in the end they were well rewarded for their hard work. From the first match onwards all the seamers have been bowling pretty well.
"The first two hours the seamers bowled well but they were a bit unlucky. When they came for lunch we were talking about how to get the ball in the right areas and to bowl good length and lines. They went and did what we wanted."
The only form of resistance from the Pakistan batsmen came in the mould of opener Khurram Manzoor, who stuck around for 136 balls for his 73, before Lakmal picked up his wicket which then accelerated the fall of the final five wickets rather quickly.
"It was raining the whole day and the wicket was covered. When we saw the wicket first thing in the morning there was some moisture underneath. We were playing three seamers that's why we put them into bat first," Vaas said.
"Shaminda Eranga bowled a good spell to get rid of Younis (Khan) and Misbah (ul-Haq) but the turning point for me was getting the wicket of Khurram because he batted well right throughout the first two hours."
The Pakistan fast bowlers will no doubt try to make full use of whatever help they can get from the pitch on Thursday, with Sri Lanka having a slight concern with Mahela Jayawardene, who split his webbing while fielding on day one.
Vaas said Jayawardene's batting slot depends on how Silva and Sangakkara go in the morning. "There are three stitches but he will be able to bat depending on the situation tomorrow," Vaas added. "If the overnight pair are going well he will bat later, but otherwise he will come in at number four."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?