2nd Test, Day 2 Where to Watch Live: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Free Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 9, 2014 3:06 PM EST
After the Sri Lankan fast bowlers did their jobs admirably well on the opening day, it will be down to the batsmen to hand the away side a big advantage against Pakistan on day 2 of the second Test in Dubai.
Where to Watch Live
The second day of the second Test is scheduled for a 11.30 am IST and 11 am PST start with live coverage on Sony Six and Geo Super in India and Pakistan respectively. The match can be watched via free live streaming online in Pakistan HERE. Catch the action in the US HERE, while Sri Lanka viewers can go HERE. Audience in Africa can live stream the match HERE.
Suranga Lakmal, Shaminda Eranga and Nuwan Pradeep picked up seven wickets between them to shatter Pakistan's top order, with Rangana Herath then sending the tail-enders packing to bowl the designated home side out for a paltry 165.
In reply, Sri Lanka were on 57 for one after 16 overs, with Kaushal Silva and Kumar Sangakkara at the crease before play was brought to an end due to bad light.
"The bowlers have done a good job and it is now the turn of the batsmen to put runs on the board. They'll have to put their heads down and get a good score," bowling coach Chaminda Vaas said.
"I asked them to do the basics because Test cricket is all about basics. The bowlers bent their backs and bowled a pretty good line and length and in the end they were well rewarded for their hard work. From the first match onwards all the seamers have been bowling pretty well.
"The first two hours the seamers bowled well but they were a bit unlucky. When they came for lunch we were talking about how to get the ball in the right areas and to bowl good length and lines. They went and did what we wanted."
The only form of resistance from the Pakistan batsmen came in the mould of opener Khurram Manzoor, who stuck around for 136 balls for his 73, before Lakmal picked up his wicket which then accelerated the fall of the final five wickets rather quickly.
"It was raining the whole day and the wicket was covered. When we saw the wicket first thing in the morning there was some moisture underneath. We were playing three seamers that's why we put them into bat first," Vaas said.
"Shaminda Eranga bowled a good spell to get rid of Younis (Khan) and Misbah (ul-Haq) but the turning point for me was getting the wicket of Khurram because he batted well right throughout the first two hours."
The Pakistan fast bowlers will no doubt try to make full use of whatever help they can get from the pitch on Thursday, with Sri Lanka having a slight concern with Mahela Jayawardene, who split his webbing while fielding on day one.
Vaas said Jayawardene's batting slot depends on how Silva and Sangakkara go in the morning. "There are three stitches but he will be able to bat depending on the situation tomorrow," Vaas added. "If the overnight pair are going well he will bat later, but otherwise he will come in at number four."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People