NBA Thursday: LeBron James vs. Carmelo Anthony, Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks Live Streaming Info and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 9, 2014 2:57 PM EST
Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks
Game time: 11:00 a.m. AEDT
Expectedly, the Heat are great on both ends of the floor. They score 104.9 points per game (5th in the NBA) and hold down opponents to just 97.9 PPG (7th). That’s bad news for the Knicks which can only muster 94.9 points per outing this season—or 6th worst overall in the entire league.
NBA: New York Knicks at Houston Rockets
However, it appears that the Knicks have turned the corner after an atrocious start this season. They've won three of their last four games including big road wins over the San Antonio Spurs, 105-101 and the Dallas Mavericks, 92-80.
They can continue their good run with another win versus Miami, which they have beaten in three of the last four meetings. They are also 3-1 against the spread versus the Heat in this stretch.
The Knicks are coming off a close 89-to-85 win over the Detroit Pistons led by Carmelo Anthony's 34 points. Andrea Bargnani contributed 13 points and 11 rebounds while Raymond Felton had 12 points and 6 assists.
Miami have won five of their last six games cruising in the last three.
Anthony exploded in the last meeting between these two squads scoring 50 points and hauling down 15 rebounds in a 102-to-90 win on April 2 last season. James did not suit up in that game.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Miami Heat Trends
- Heat are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. Atlantic division teams
- Heat are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games vs. East teams
- Heat are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games after a win
New York Knicks Trends
- Knicks are 1-4 ATS in their last 45 games at home
- Knicks are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games
- Knicks are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related