Gaming News: Alien: Isolation for PS4, Xbox One, Titanfall Limited to 6 Players; Assassin’s Creed 4 New DLC
By Gel Galang | January 9, 2014 1:39 PM EST
Forget about "Aliens: Colonial Marines"---the newest game to hit the franchise is far better than the title that a lot of people considered to be a disaster.
Coming from Creative Assembly, it's now official that the game will be coming out for the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC before 2014 ends. What's more, it will be the kind of "Alien" game that everyone had been waiting for and didn't get with "Colonial Marines."
GameSpot reports that the plot will revolve around Amanda Ripley who's working for Weyland-Yutani. She's tasked to recover the flight recorder of the Nostromo when a xenomorph arrives at a remote Sevastopol station.
*"Halo" has been confirmed and scheduled to come to the Xbox One in 2014. The question is: will this be the "Halo" title everyone was looking forward to? Read here for more.
What's different about this game is that it puts back the fear of aliens and makes players tremble instead of simply taking aim and firing at the hordes. Fear is not in the survival of the waves of aliens, but rather in fear of the alien.
Destructoid adds that this fear, in fact, provides a big change from the last title because the fact that during a test run, not one of the testers even tried firing the provided gun was proof that "Alien: Isolation" was aiming for a deeper kind of fear this time.
"We're so completely immersed in everything pertaining to Alien, we couldn't help but keep up. Commenters would say that they want an Alien game in line with Ridley Scott's movie, and it was so hard not to post 'that's what we're doing!'," said UI lead John McKellan to Destructoid.
Check out the "Alien: Isolation" preview trailer below to see it for yourself:
'Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag' Gets New DLC
The new DLC, dubbed Illustrious Pirates DLC Pack, coming in for "Assassin's Creed 4" is set to extend and enhance the game not just with outfits but even new missions.
Ubisoft has recently announced in its official blog that the new DLC will have three single-player outfits, Jackdaw customisation options, multiplayer items and three new missions, all for free as a Season Pass holder or $7 for everyone else.
The "Assassin's Creed 4" Illustrious Pirates DLC Pack is out for the PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and the PC.
Here are some of the new features, customs and missions that players can get with the new DLC:
- Black Island (single-player mission)
- Mystery Island (single-player mission)
- Sacrifice Island (single-player mission)
- The Black Ship
- Captain Morgan's Outfit, Picture and Title
- Captain Morgan's Silver Flintlock Pistols
- Digital Illustrated Fable
- Stede Bonnet's Ship
- Stede Bonnet's Outfits
- Other multiplayer items
- Captain Drake's Picture, Title, and Relics - multiplayer item
- Captain Drake's Swords and Pistols
- Ivory Wheel (decorative)
- Iron Wheel (decorative)
- Discoverer Title and Picture (multiplayer item)
Check out more of the items that players can get with the DLC pack in the link above.
'Titanfall's' Multiplayer Player Count Confirmed
The much-awaited Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC game has been confirmed to have a multiplayer that will allow up to six against six matches.
*Check out these hot items for your PS4 as revealed at the CES 2014. You can take your pick between the extended battery or the intercooler for the PS4. Read the details here.
According to Videogamer, CEO Vince Zampella has confirmed what the player count is and defended that it offers the best experience for the "Titanfall" title.
"It is what we find most fun. There are other games with higher player counts if that's your metric," he said in an interview quoted by Videogamer.
Aside from being the player count with the best balance for the game, it doesn't mean that there will be 12 players onscreen. Mr Zampella adds that the 6 vs. 6 count will only apply for human gamers, and each player will have a Titan following them or even guard mode. There will also be AI soldiers in the battlefield, so it's not like a player will get lonely while playing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Windows Phone 8.1 for Nokia Lumia 1520: How to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan Update for Preview for Developers
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- HTC One M8: Red and Pink Colour Choices Confirmed in the UK, Pre-Orders on Android Smartphone Now Available with Free Dot View Case
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Breakdown for Developer and Unlocked Version
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide