Melbourne Storm's Cooper Cronk to Miss NRL Trials
By James Patrick Quizon | January 9, 2014 1:19 PM EST
Cooper Cronk underwent a shoulder surgery and is expected to miss the Melbourne Storm's trials and is questionable when round one begins in the National Rugby League (NRL).
"He has had an operation on his shoulder so that is the main reason he won't play in any of the trials," said Storm coach Craig Bellamy. "And I'm not quite sure he will be ready for round one."
According to reports, the 30-year old playmaker was already playing through the injury in the latter part of 2013 and aggravated it during the World Cup.
The Storm finished at 16-7-1 in 24 games in the premiership in 2013 for 3rd place overall. Cooper played in 23 games in 2013 and finished with 19 points, 3 field goals, 4 tries and 381 tackles.
He helped the Storm to the NRL premiership title in 2012, when he had arguably the best statistical season of his career.
Cooper also played 15 Tests for Australia from 2007 to 2012.
The Melbourne takes on Canberra in their first trial on Feb 8, Saturday, at AAMI Park.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS