2014 Australian Open Seeds Announced, Watch LIVESTREAM of Qualifying Rounds HERE
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 9, 2014 1:17 PM EST
The top seeds for men and women in the upcoming 102 edition of the Australian Open have been finally announced.
Check out the players who made it on the list below, as reported by ABC News.
Men's Top Seeds
1. Rafael Nadal
2. Novak Djokovic
3. David Ferrer
4. Andy Murray
5. Juan Martin del Potro
6. Roger Federer
7. Tomas Berdych
8. Stanislas Wawrinka
9. Richard Gasquet
10. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
Women's Top Seeds
1. Serena Williams
2. Victoria Azarenka
3. Maria Sharapova
4. Li Na
5. Agnieszka Radwanska
6. Petra Kvitova
7. Sara Errani
8. Jelena Jankovic
9. Angelique Kerber
10. Caroline Wozniacki
In all likelihood, tennis is going to be the main topic of TV conversation for the first half of January. The tournament starts on Jan 13 and ends on Jan 26. It will be played on hard courts, including the Rod Laver Arena, Margaret Court Arena, and Hisense Arena.
Some of the seeded players have already played their warm-up games for the first Grand Slam of 2014. Who do you think will win in the 2014 Australian Open? Reigning champions Novak Djokovic and Victoria Azarenka reportedly carry "strong odds" to defend their titles. However, there are other top-ranked players in the tournament that they also have to watch out for. Roger Federer, for one, is hungry for another Grand Slam to add in his record of 17 Grand Slams up-to-date. Then, there are the favourite players, Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova, who both appear to be healthy and ready for the Grand Slam. Williams, the defending Brisbane champion, is poised to achieve even more great highlights for her career. On the other hand, Sharapova's form seems significantly promising.
The grueling matches can keep you glued to your seat. The notable contenders certainly serve a threat to each and every one of them.
Click here to watch the livestream of the qualifying rounds of the 2014 Australian Open.
MORE TENNIS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide