5 Samsung Devices at the CES 2014: Galaxy NotePRO, TabPRO, Flexible TV, Android Wireless GamePad and 3D Printing
By Gel Galang | January 9, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Samsung has made quite a scene at the CES 2014 as it brought out technology after technology. If you're whirring from the number of gadgets and devices coming in from the tech event, here's a rundown of five of Samsung's latest and best tech for the year.
Galaxy NotePRO and TabletPRO
Among Samsung's hottest devices are the Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO, which join the line of the company's tablets being offered. The two tablet lines now offer more freedom in terms of the screen sizes that one needs. The Galaxy NotePRO has a 12.12-inch screen, while the Galaxy TABPro comes in three more sizes: 12.2 inches, 10.1 inches and 8.4 inches.
Both the Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO come with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS as well as a range of modified software features, reports Business Insider. Most notable of these is the Remote PC app, perfect for those who have a Windows or a Mac. You can access your lapto remote or easily drag and drop files between the devices using either the Galaxy NotePRO or Galaxy TabPRO.
Pricing and release dates have not yet been announced, but seeing as they already showed up at the CES 2014, it's only a matter of time.
*The first Global Link Attraction has already been announced. Know what it is here.
Samsung Android Wireless GamePad
Joining the ranks of Android wireless gamepad creators is Samsung as it releases the Samsung Wireless GamePad that's devoted solely to Samsung gadgets.
While the design has the placement of the keys in a similar fashion as your regular console controller, the analog sticks don't stick out like others and, according to Phone Arena, the d-pads can be a bit too small for those with big hands. Otherwise, the overall experience of playing with a controller for your next Android game would be fun.
So far, the Samsung Wireless GamePad is compatible with 13 devices, including the Samsung Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S4, S4 Active, Mega, and Galaxy Tab 3, but it's likely that Samsung will allow more model compatibility once the market demands for it.
*This is what Valve's Gabe Newell thinks of the Xbox One's 3 million sales achievement: Read the story here.
Once again, Samsung shares the title with LG for another bendable device. If before, both LG and Samsung were the first to roll out bended screens on smartphones, now they upped the ante with bendable TVs.
Compared to the smartphones, which only had a bended screen, Samsung's 85-inch LED LCD TV with 4K resolution is really bendable. According to CNet, you can press a button to bend the edges to a curved shape while another button bends it back to the flat-screen HDTV.
Of course, the first question of customers was the one that was not answered. Samsung has not yet released any word about the price of the bendable TV, but it certainly won't be easy on the pocket, even though the TV itself is easy on the eyes.
*The next Defiance DLC has been announced: Read about what's know about it so far.
Samsung 3D Printing
Guests at the CES 2014 had been treated to a 3D printing session at Samsung's booth when the company partnered with 3D Systems for an app that can easily create custom inserts for your Galaxy Note 3 cases, reports Engadget.
For now, the idea of 3D printing with Samsung is more of a concept instead of a commercial plan, but at least you know that Samsung is also going to dip a toe in that industry in the future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight