Miles Cyrus Supports Gays Rights on Twitter, Gains Respect From Her Hard Core Critics!
By nidhi tewari | January 9, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Miley Cyrus will have a new fan following now i.e. the people from gay and lesbian community. The 21-year-old singer has posted a Twitter message in support of LGBT community in the form of a t-shirt which she is wearing. Post the message, the singer now has gained a little respect as this must be the finest thing the controversial singer has done in past few months!
Miley Cyrus reacts after performing "Wrecking Ball" at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
The "Wrecking Ball" singer is seen wearing a white tee from designer Marc Jacobs, which is pro-gay and the slogan reads, "I pay my taxes, I want my rights!" This is not the first time that the singer has shown her support for the gays. She even has a tattoo which reads "All LOVE is equal." Further explaining her tattoo to Glamour magazine Miley launched out a debate about why it is important to respect gays and accept them in society.
"I believe every American should be allowed the same rights and civil liberties. Without legalized same-sex marriage, most of the time you cannot share the same health benefits, you are not considered next of kin and you are not granted the same securities as a heterosexual couple. How is this different than having someone sit in the back of the bus because of their skin color?," the then 19-year-old told the magazine.
This was way back in 2012 and now in 2014 too Miley has been pretty vocal about gay's rights. Her constant support for the gays has gotten her in good books of many people who otherwise criticize her for everything she does professionally.
"I guess I have to take back some of the mean thoughts I've had about her. She does have her heart in the right place," writes James Penn on Twitter where Miley posted the message.
"She's a terrible role model for kids in some of the things that she does. But in this regard? Perfect role model. Teach them while they're young," writes Jessica on a website which published the story in this regard.
"Well, some of her recent behavior has been questionable, but as a fellow straight ally, I give her props for her pro-gay stance and actions," writes another Miley critic.
Do you think Miley is having her heart in the right place and is a genuine person indeed and all that she does is just for publicity? She sure has a straight mind. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments