Miles Cyrus Supports Gays Rights on Twitter, Gains Respect From Her Hard Core Critics!
By nidhi tewari | January 9, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Miley Cyrus will have a new fan following now i.e. the people from gay and lesbian community. The 21-year-old singer has posted a Twitter message in support of LGBT community in the form of a t-shirt which she is wearing. Post the message, the singer now has gained a little respect as this must be the finest thing the controversial singer has done in past few months!
Miley Cyrus reacts after performing "Wrecking Ball" at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
The "Wrecking Ball" singer is seen wearing a white tee from designer Marc Jacobs, which is pro-gay and the slogan reads, "I pay my taxes, I want my rights!" This is not the first time that the singer has shown her support for the gays. She even has a tattoo which reads "All LOVE is equal." Further explaining her tattoo to Glamour magazine Miley launched out a debate about why it is important to respect gays and accept them in society.
"I believe every American should be allowed the same rights and civil liberties. Without legalized same-sex marriage, most of the time you cannot share the same health benefits, you are not considered next of kin and you are not granted the same securities as a heterosexual couple. How is this different than having someone sit in the back of the bus because of their skin color?," the then 19-year-old told the magazine.
This was way back in 2012 and now in 2014 too Miley has been pretty vocal about gay's rights. Her constant support for the gays has gotten her in good books of many people who otherwise criticize her for everything she does professionally.
"I guess I have to take back some of the mean thoughts I've had about her. She does have her heart in the right place," writes James Penn on Twitter where Miley posted the message.
"She's a terrible role model for kids in some of the things that she does. But in this regard? Perfect role model. Teach them while they're young," writes Jessica on a website which published the story in this regard.
"Well, some of her recent behavior has been questionable, but as a fellow straight ally, I give her props for her pro-gay stance and actions," writes another Miley critic.
Do you think Miley is having her heart in the right place and is a genuine person indeed and all that she does is just for publicity? She sure has a straight mind. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best