Miles Cyrus Supports Gays Rights on Twitter, Gains Respect From Her Hard Core Critics!
By nidhi tewari | January 9, 2014 12:32 PM EST
Miley Cyrus will have a new fan following now i.e. the people from gay and lesbian community. The 21-year-old singer has posted a Twitter message in support of LGBT community in the form of a t-shirt which she is wearing. Post the message, the singer now has gained a little respect as this must be the finest thing the controversial singer has done in past few months!
Miley Cyrus reacts after performing "Wrecking Ball" at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California November 24, 2013. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
The "Wrecking Ball" singer is seen wearing a white tee from designer Marc Jacobs, which is pro-gay and the slogan reads, "I pay my taxes, I want my rights!" This is not the first time that the singer has shown her support for the gays. She even has a tattoo which reads "All LOVE is equal." Further explaining her tattoo to Glamour magazine Miley launched out a debate about why it is important to respect gays and accept them in society.
"I believe every American should be allowed the same rights and civil liberties. Without legalized same-sex marriage, most of the time you cannot share the same health benefits, you are not considered next of kin and you are not granted the same securities as a heterosexual couple. How is this different than having someone sit in the back of the bus because of their skin color?," the then 19-year-old told the magazine.
This was way back in 2012 and now in 2014 too Miley has been pretty vocal about gay's rights. Her constant support for the gays has gotten her in good books of many people who otherwise criticize her for everything she does professionally.
"I guess I have to take back some of the mean thoughts I've had about her. She does have her heart in the right place," writes James Penn on Twitter where Miley posted the message.
"She's a terrible role model for kids in some of the things that she does. But in this regard? Perfect role model. Teach them while they're young," writes Jessica on a website which published the story in this regard.
"Well, some of her recent behavior has been questionable, but as a fellow straight ally, I give her props for her pro-gay stance and actions," writes another Miley critic.
Do you think Miley is having her heart in the right place and is a genuine person indeed and all that she does is just for publicity? She sure has a straight mind. What are your views?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1: ‘The Biggest Action Sequence That We Have Ever Attempted’ [VIDEO]
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- ‘Star Wars’ 7 Plot Leak – New Villain And Stormtroopers New Look [Spoilers]
- 'Doctor Who' Casting News: 'GOT' Actress Rose Leslie Favoured To Play As 'Clara Oswald'
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display