Sharon Stone On Infamous ‘Basic Instinct’ Interrogation Scene: I Slapped The Director [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | January 9, 2014 3:57 AM EST
Sharon Stone slapped the director of “Basic Instinct” when she saw her infamous legs-crossing scene in the 1992 film for the first time. The 55-year-old Golden Globe Award-winning actress was so stunned to learn that her nude crotch was visible in the infamous shot that she couldn’t contain her anger at director Paul Verhoeven.
If there’s only one scene that “Basic Instinct” can be remembered for, it’s the one where Sharon’s character, Catherine Tramell, re-crossed her legs while sitting in an interrogation room, thereby revealing her underwear-less crotch in front of the detectives.
More than two decades after the blockbuster erotic thriller was first played in theatres, its controversial interrogation scene is still one of the most talked about shots in a film.
So when Sharon guest starred in the U.S. talk show “The Talk” on Monday, it was still the scene that she was asked about.
“When we did it, obviously it was going to be an ‘innuendo,’ and the director said, ‘we can see the white of your underwear, I need you to take them off,’” she told hosts Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood, Sara Gilbert, Aisha Tyler, and Julie Chen.
The actress was reluctant to take off her underwear at first, but she did so anyway after he assured her that her crotch wouldn’t be seen in the shot.
After shooting the scene, she watched it on the monitor. However, since high-definition video technology still wasn’t available at that time, Sharon couldn’t see if she was showing off more than she had liked.
She found out that she had indeed exposed her crotch when she watched the film along with a bunch of other people in the theatre. She was not only shocked, she was also furious.
“When the film ended, I went into the booth and slapped him,” Sharon recalled. “I was like, ‘You could have shown me this by myself.’”
But while she was livid, she also understood that importance of the scene, admitting that she still would have kept it in the film if it were up to her.
“Honestly, it’s so right for the movie and it’s so right for the character, and if I have gotten that even by accident, I would have had the courtesy of showing it to my actor. But I would have kept it in the movie.”
Sharon talks about the interrogation scene:
“Basic Instinct” trailer”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft