Project CARS Will Demonstrate Wii U’s True Capabilities, Says Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 9, 2014 1:50 AM EST
Project CARS is a racing simulation video game, developed by Slightly Mad Studios. CARS is an acronym for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.
This game had created much hype when it was announced for next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The studio is not neglecting other formats like Wii U, and believes the game will show the handheld console's true capabilities.
Project CARS will be released sometime in 2014.
Andy Tudor, creative director of Project CARS told GamingBolt: "No, if anything I think it'll showcase the hidden power that the Wii U has. There's no equivalent of Project CARS on Wii U, yet we hear the shouts from Nintendo fans loud and clear that they can't wait to get their hands on this kind of experience so we hope to make them proud with the quality of the visuals," when asked if the Wii U's specs limitations will undermine the game.
"Sure there are maybe more stringent technical constraints but the same core experience will remain, plus additional features that take advantage of the controller's unique second screen and touch interface," he added.
The game has also announced support for Oculus Rift headset. This game will include more than 60 licensed cars and over 35 race tracks that involves both real and fictional circuits. The game also has a dedicated racing track for players to test the performance of their vehicles.
Apart from the opinion of the community and the feedback, the studio has used services of Ben Collins, a racing driver and Nicolas Hamilton, a Clio Cup racing driver. The game is expected to be released in 2014 for PC, Steam, Wii U, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Many third party developers have not released a Wii U version of their game for different reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet