Project CARS Will Demonstrate Wii U’s True Capabilities, Says Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 9, 2014 1:50 AM EST
Project CARS is a racing simulation video game, developed by Slightly Mad Studios. CARS is an acronym for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.
This game had created much hype when it was announced for next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The studio is not neglecting other formats like Wii U, and believes the game will show the handheld console's true capabilities.
Project CARS will be released sometime in 2014.
Andy Tudor, creative director of Project CARS told GamingBolt: "No, if anything I think it'll showcase the hidden power that the Wii U has. There's no equivalent of Project CARS on Wii U, yet we hear the shouts from Nintendo fans loud and clear that they can't wait to get their hands on this kind of experience so we hope to make them proud with the quality of the visuals," when asked if the Wii U's specs limitations will undermine the game.
"Sure there are maybe more stringent technical constraints but the same core experience will remain, plus additional features that take advantage of the controller's unique second screen and touch interface," he added.
The game has also announced support for Oculus Rift headset. This game will include more than 60 licensed cars and over 35 race tracks that involves both real and fictional circuits. The game also has a dedicated racing track for players to test the performance of their vehicles.
Apart from the opinion of the community and the feedback, the studio has used services of Ben Collins, a racing driver and Nicolas Hamilton, a Clio Cup racing driver. The game is expected to be released in 2014 for PC, Steam, Wii U, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Many third party developers have not released a Wii U version of their game for different reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display