Project CARS Will Demonstrate Wii U’s True Capabilities, Says Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 9, 2014 1:50 AM EST
Project CARS is a racing simulation video game, developed by Slightly Mad Studios. CARS is an acronym for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.
This game had created much hype when it was announced for next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The studio is not neglecting other formats like Wii U, and believes the game will show the handheld console's true capabilities.
Project CARS will be released sometime in 2014.
Andy Tudor, creative director of Project CARS told GamingBolt: "No, if anything I think it'll showcase the hidden power that the Wii U has. There's no equivalent of Project CARS on Wii U, yet we hear the shouts from Nintendo fans loud and clear that they can't wait to get their hands on this kind of experience so we hope to make them proud with the quality of the visuals," when asked if the Wii U's specs limitations will undermine the game.
"Sure there are maybe more stringent technical constraints but the same core experience will remain, plus additional features that take advantage of the controller's unique second screen and touch interface," he added.
The game has also announced support for Oculus Rift headset. This game will include more than 60 licensed cars and over 35 race tracks that involves both real and fictional circuits. The game also has a dedicated racing track for players to test the performance of their vehicles.
Apart from the opinion of the community and the feedback, the studio has used services of Ben Collins, a racing driver and Nicolas Hamilton, a Clio Cup racing driver. The game is expected to be released in 2014 for PC, Steam, Wii U, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Many third party developers have not released a Wii U version of their game for different reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports