Project CARS Will Demonstrate Wii U’s True Capabilities, Says Developer
By Aditya Bhat | January 9, 2014 1:50 AM EST
Project CARS is a racing simulation video game, developed by Slightly Mad Studios. CARS is an acronym for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.
This game had created much hype when it was announced for next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The studio is not neglecting other formats like Wii U, and believes the game will show the handheld console's true capabilities.
Project CARS will be released sometime in 2014.
Andy Tudor, creative director of Project CARS told GamingBolt: "No, if anything I think it'll showcase the hidden power that the Wii U has. There's no equivalent of Project CARS on Wii U, yet we hear the shouts from Nintendo fans loud and clear that they can't wait to get their hands on this kind of experience so we hope to make them proud with the quality of the visuals," when asked if the Wii U's specs limitations will undermine the game.
"Sure there are maybe more stringent technical constraints but the same core experience will remain, plus additional features that take advantage of the controller's unique second screen and touch interface," he added.
The game has also announced support for Oculus Rift headset. This game will include more than 60 licensed cars and over 35 race tracks that involves both real and fictional circuits. The game also has a dedicated racing track for players to test the performance of their vehicles.
Apart from the opinion of the community and the feedback, the studio has used services of Ben Collins, a racing driver and Nicolas Hamilton, a Clio Cup racing driver. The game is expected to be released in 2014 for PC, Steam, Wii U, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Many third party developers have not released a Wii U version of their game for different reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand