Salman Khan Roped in for "Ek Tha Tiger" Sequel, Will Katrina Kaif Follow?
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 9, 2014 12:44 AM EST
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has reportedly signed up for the "Ek Tha Tiger" sequel.
Salman's association with Yash Raj Films proved a huge success as he delivered the massive hit "Ek Tha Tiger" (ETT) in 2012. And now it is understood that the superstar will reprise his role in the sequel, reported Bollywood Hungama.
Apparently, Salman is very happy to work with YRF and has even signed for another untitled project, set to be directed by Shimit Amin, reported the website.
Salman may have been roped in for the "ETT" sequel but the bigger question is whether the first part's leading lady Katrina Kaif will be a part of the film.
Salman has off late been recorded taking frequent digs at his former girlfriend Katrina and her current boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
Recently, at the Audi RS 7 launch, when Salman was asked to whom would he like to gift the German sports vehicle, the 48-year-old - in his characteristic witty style - replied Katrina. However, the "Dabangg" star stated he would not gift it to her but added that someone else should.
This apart, Salman was seen picking on Katrina's broken Hindi, as he compared her to Bigg Boss 7 contestant Eli Avram. Again on his debut in "Kofee with Karan", the actor gave out some tongue-in-cheek statements on Katrina and even referred to Ranbir as puppy.
With such developments, it remains to be seen whether Katrina will give the nod to the sequel. However, there is a strong possibility that the "Dhoom 3" actress may not be approached altogether, since Bollywood sequels tend to avoid the same actress, with the only exception being Sonakshi Sinha in "Dabanng 2."
Meanwhile, the commotion and chaos during Salman's city wise promotion for his upcoming film "Jai Ho' has made the star concerned.
Speaking at an event, Salman said: "I request and advice all my fans to admire me from far because I can't see kids and everyone getting pushed and hurt. If all this keeps happening, I think I should stop visiting cities. I respect and appreciate their love and warmth," reported PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Plot Update: Ludacris Reveals Paul Walker's Old Photo, Vin Diesel Shares A Photo Of Himself In Car
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand