Salman Khan Roped in for "Ek Tha Tiger" Sequel, Will Katrina Kaif Follow?
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 9, 2014 12:44 AM EST
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has reportedly signed up for the "Ek Tha Tiger" sequel.
Salman's association with Yash Raj Films proved a huge success as he delivered the massive hit "Ek Tha Tiger" (ETT) in 2012. And now it is understood that the superstar will reprise his role in the sequel, reported Bollywood Hungama.
Ek Tha Tiger
Apparently, Salman is very happy to work with YRF and has even signed for another untitled project, set to be directed by Shimit Amin, reported the website.
Salman may have been roped in for the "ETT" sequel but the bigger question is whether the first part's leading lady Katrina Kaif will be a part of the film.
Salman has off late been recorded taking frequent digs at his former girlfriend Katrina and her current boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
Recently, at the Audi RS 7 launch, when Salman was asked to whom would he like to gift the German sports vehicle, the 48-year-old - in his characteristic witty style - replied Katrina. However, the "Dabangg" star stated he would not gift it to her but added that someone else should.
This apart, Salman was seen picking on Katrina's broken Hindi, as he compared her to Bigg Boss 7 contestant Eli Avram. Again on his debut in "Kofee with Karan", the actor gave out some tongue-in-cheek statements on Katrina and even referred to Ranbir as puppy.
With such developments, it remains to be seen whether Katrina will give the nod to the sequel. However, there is a strong possibility that the "Dhoom 3" actress may not be approached altogether, since Bollywood sequels tend to avoid the same actress, with the only exception being Sonakshi Sinha in "Dabanng 2."
Meanwhile, the commotion and chaos during Salman's city wise promotion for his upcoming film "Jai Ho' has made the star concerned.
Speaking at an event, Salman said: "I request and advice all my fans to admire me from far because I can't see kids and everyone getting pushed and hurt. If all this keeps happening, I think I should stop visiting cities. I respect and appreciate their love and warmth," reported PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales