Salman Khan Roped in for "Ek Tha Tiger" Sequel, Will Katrina Kaif Follow?
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 9, 2014 12:44 AM EST
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has reportedly signed up for the "Ek Tha Tiger" sequel.
Salman's association with Yash Raj Films proved a huge success as he delivered the massive hit "Ek Tha Tiger" (ETT) in 2012. And now it is understood that the superstar will reprise his role in the sequel, reported Bollywood Hungama.
Ek Tha Tiger
Apparently, Salman is very happy to work with YRF and has even signed for another untitled project, set to be directed by Shimit Amin, reported the website.
Salman may have been roped in for the "ETT" sequel but the bigger question is whether the first part's leading lady Katrina Kaif will be a part of the film.
Salman has off late been recorded taking frequent digs at his former girlfriend Katrina and her current boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
Recently, at the Audi RS 7 launch, when Salman was asked to whom would he like to gift the German sports vehicle, the 48-year-old - in his characteristic witty style - replied Katrina. However, the "Dabangg" star stated he would not gift it to her but added that someone else should.
This apart, Salman was seen picking on Katrina's broken Hindi, as he compared her to Bigg Boss 7 contestant Eli Avram. Again on his debut in "Kofee with Karan", the actor gave out some tongue-in-cheek statements on Katrina and even referred to Ranbir as puppy.
With such developments, it remains to be seen whether Katrina will give the nod to the sequel. However, there is a strong possibility that the "Dhoom 3" actress may not be approached altogether, since Bollywood sequels tend to avoid the same actress, with the only exception being Sonakshi Sinha in "Dabanng 2."
Meanwhile, the commotion and chaos during Salman's city wise promotion for his upcoming film "Jai Ho' has made the star concerned.
Speaking at an event, Salman said: "I request and advice all my fans to admire me from far because I can't see kids and everyone getting pushed and hurt. If all this keeps happening, I think I should stop visiting cities. I respect and appreciate their love and warmth," reported PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell