Salman Khan Roped in for "Ek Tha Tiger" Sequel, Will Katrina Kaif Follow?
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 9, 2014 12:44 AM EST
Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has reportedly signed up for the "Ek Tha Tiger" sequel.
Salman's association with Yash Raj Films proved a huge success as he delivered the massive hit "Ek Tha Tiger" (ETT) in 2012. And now it is understood that the superstar will reprise his role in the sequel, reported Bollywood Hungama.
Apparently, Salman is very happy to work with YRF and has even signed for another untitled project, set to be directed by Shimit Amin, reported the website.
Salman may have been roped in for the "ETT" sequel but the bigger question is whether the first part's leading lady Katrina Kaif will be a part of the film.
Salman has off late been recorded taking frequent digs at his former girlfriend Katrina and her current boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor.
Recently, at the Audi RS 7 launch, when Salman was asked to whom would he like to gift the German sports vehicle, the 48-year-old - in his characteristic witty style - replied Katrina. However, the "Dabangg" star stated he would not gift it to her but added that someone else should.
This apart, Salman was seen picking on Katrina's broken Hindi, as he compared her to Bigg Boss 7 contestant Eli Avram. Again on his debut in "Kofee with Karan", the actor gave out some tongue-in-cheek statements on Katrina and even referred to Ranbir as puppy.
With such developments, it remains to be seen whether Katrina will give the nod to the sequel. However, there is a strong possibility that the "Dhoom 3" actress may not be approached altogether, since Bollywood sequels tend to avoid the same actress, with the only exception being Sonakshi Sinha in "Dabanng 2."
Meanwhile, the commotion and chaos during Salman's city wise promotion for his upcoming film "Jai Ho' has made the star concerned.
Speaking at an event, Salman said: "I request and advice all my fans to admire me from far because I can't see kids and everyone getting pushed and hurt. If all this keeps happening, I think I should stop visiting cities. I respect and appreciate their love and warmth," reported PTI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money