Uday Kiran's Death: Police Quiz Actor's Wife and Family Members
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 8, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Telugu actor Uday Kiran, who died on Sunday, was cremated at the Erragadda cremation grounds, Hyderabad on Tuesday (7 January).
Kiran, who was once among the top league actors in the Telugu film industry, had committed suicide in his flat at Srinagar colony, Punjagutta in Hyderabad on Sunday. Apparently, the actor took the drastic step as a result of his fading film career, which pushed him into depression.
Kiran's body was taken to Apollo hospital, where he was declared brought dead. An autopsy was conducted on his body at the Osmania General Hospital and was sent to Nizam's Intitute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) mortuary on Monday. Later the body was taken to his residence and shifted to AP Film Chamber of Commerce for public viewing on Tuesday.
Several fans and film personalities including Venkatesh, D Rama Naidu, Suresh Babu, Parachuri Gopalakrishna, Dasari Narayana Rao, Srikanth, Allari Naresh, Sudheer Babu, Varun Sandesh, Navdeep, Sunil, Sundeep Kishan, Shivaji, Parachuri Venkateshwara Rao, Tanikella Bharani, Anup Reubens and Shivaji Raja paid their last respects to the actor. Later in the afternoon, Kiran's last rights were performed at Erragadda cremation grounds.
On Wednesday, Hyderabad city police questioned Kiran's wife Vishita and some of his family members in connection with the actor's suicide. A police officer told the Press Trust of India that Vishita and others were quizzed as part of the investigation into the suicide.
Kiran's post-mortem report is still awaited, however, the autopsy - which was video recorded - suggests the actor committed suicide. Investigators have been trying to determine as to what forced the actor to take such a drastic step. They have been looking at the actor's call records to find out who Kiran contacted prior to his death.
According to the police, Kiran received a call from a person named Sharath, who is a friend of Vishita, at around 7 pm. Later, Kiran called him back and spoke to him for about 2 minute 40 seconds. "Sharat said Kiran made casual talk about general topics. But he, in turn, informed Vishita that Kiran sounded dull," police was quoted as saying by The Hindu.
Earlier on Tuesday, some reports had surfaced claiming Kiran had attempted suicide a few months ago at his residence. However, police have denied to comment on it and said that the probe is still going on.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists