Uday Kiran's Death: Police Quiz Actor's Wife and Family Members
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 8, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Telugu actor Uday Kiran, who died on Sunday, was cremated at the Erragadda cremation grounds, Hyderabad on Tuesday (7 January).
Kiran, who was once among the top league actors in the Telugu film industry, had committed suicide in his flat at Srinagar colony, Punjagutta in Hyderabad on Sunday. Apparently, the actor took the drastic step as a result of his fading film career, which pushed him into depression.
Kiran's body was taken to Apollo hospital, where he was declared brought dead. An autopsy was conducted on his body at the Osmania General Hospital and was sent to Nizam's Intitute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) mortuary on Monday. Later the body was taken to his residence and shifted to AP Film Chamber of Commerce for public viewing on Tuesday.
Several fans and film personalities including Venkatesh, D Rama Naidu, Suresh Babu, Parachuri Gopalakrishna, Dasari Narayana Rao, Srikanth, Allari Naresh, Sudheer Babu, Varun Sandesh, Navdeep, Sunil, Sundeep Kishan, Shivaji, Parachuri Venkateshwara Rao, Tanikella Bharani, Anup Reubens and Shivaji Raja paid their last respects to the actor. Later in the afternoon, Kiran's last rights were performed at Erragadda cremation grounds.
On Wednesday, Hyderabad city police questioned Kiran's wife Vishita and some of his family members in connection with the actor's suicide. A police officer told the Press Trust of India that Vishita and others were quizzed as part of the investigation into the suicide.
Kiran's post-mortem report is still awaited, however, the autopsy - which was video recorded - suggests the actor committed suicide. Investigators have been trying to determine as to what forced the actor to take such a drastic step. They have been looking at the actor's call records to find out who Kiran contacted prior to his death.
According to the police, Kiran received a call from a person named Sharath, who is a friend of Vishita, at around 7 pm. Later, Kiran called him back and spoke to him for about 2 minute 40 seconds. "Sharat said Kiran made casual talk about general topics. But he, in turn, informed Vishita that Kiran sounded dull," police was quoted as saying by The Hindu.
Earlier on Tuesday, some reports had surfaced claiming Kiran had attempted suicide a few months ago at his residence. However, police have denied to comment on it and said that the probe is still going on.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS