Uday Kiran's Death: Police Quiz Actor's Wife and Family Members
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 8, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Telugu actor Uday Kiran, who died on Sunday, was cremated at the Erragadda cremation grounds, Hyderabad on Tuesday (7 January).
Kiran, who was once among the top league actors in the Telugu film industry, had committed suicide in his flat at Srinagar colony, Punjagutta in Hyderabad on Sunday. Apparently, the actor took the drastic step as a result of his fading film career, which pushed him into depression.
Kiran's body was taken to Apollo hospital, where he was declared brought dead. An autopsy was conducted on his body at the Osmania General Hospital and was sent to Nizam's Intitute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) mortuary on Monday. Later the body was taken to his residence and shifted to AP Film Chamber of Commerce for public viewing on Tuesday.
Several fans and film personalities including Venkatesh, D Rama Naidu, Suresh Babu, Parachuri Gopalakrishna, Dasari Narayana Rao, Srikanth, Allari Naresh, Sudheer Babu, Varun Sandesh, Navdeep, Sunil, Sundeep Kishan, Shivaji, Parachuri Venkateshwara Rao, Tanikella Bharani, Anup Reubens and Shivaji Raja paid their last respects to the actor. Later in the afternoon, Kiran's last rights were performed at Erragadda cremation grounds.
On Wednesday, Hyderabad city police questioned Kiran's wife Vishita and some of his family members in connection with the actor's suicide. A police officer told the Press Trust of India that Vishita and others were quizzed as part of the investigation into the suicide.
Kiran's post-mortem report is still awaited, however, the autopsy - which was video recorded - suggests the actor committed suicide. Investigators have been trying to determine as to what forced the actor to take such a drastic step. They have been looking at the actor's call records to find out who Kiran contacted prior to his death.
According to the police, Kiran received a call from a person named Sharath, who is a friend of Vishita, at around 7 pm. Later, Kiran called him back and spoke to him for about 2 minute 40 seconds. "Sharat said Kiran made casual talk about general topics. But he, in turn, informed Vishita that Kiran sounded dull," police was quoted as saying by The Hindu.
Earlier on Tuesday, some reports had surfaced claiming Kiran had attempted suicide a few months ago at his residence. However, police have denied to comment on it and said that the probe is still going on.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family