Uday Kiran's Death: Police Quiz Actor's Wife and Family Members
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 8, 2014 10:43 PM EST
Telugu actor Uday Kiran, who died on Sunday, was cremated at the Erragadda cremation grounds, Hyderabad on Tuesday (7 January).
Kiran, who was once among the top league actors in the Telugu film industry, had committed suicide in his flat at Srinagar colony, Punjagutta in Hyderabad on Sunday. Apparently, the actor took the drastic step as a result of his fading film career, which pushed him into depression.
Kiran's body was taken to Apollo hospital, where he was declared brought dead. An autopsy was conducted on his body at the Osmania General Hospital and was sent to Nizam's Intitute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) mortuary on Monday. Later the body was taken to his residence and shifted to AP Film Chamber of Commerce for public viewing on Tuesday.
Several fans and film personalities including Venkatesh, D Rama Naidu, Suresh Babu, Parachuri Gopalakrishna, Dasari Narayana Rao, Srikanth, Allari Naresh, Sudheer Babu, Varun Sandesh, Navdeep, Sunil, Sundeep Kishan, Shivaji, Parachuri Venkateshwara Rao, Tanikella Bharani, Anup Reubens and Shivaji Raja paid their last respects to the actor. Later in the afternoon, Kiran's last rights were performed at Erragadda cremation grounds.
On Wednesday, Hyderabad city police questioned Kiran's wife Vishita and some of his family members in connection with the actor's suicide. A police officer told the Press Trust of India that Vishita and others were quizzed as part of the investigation into the suicide.
Kiran's post-mortem report is still awaited, however, the autopsy - which was video recorded - suggests the actor committed suicide. Investigators have been trying to determine as to what forced the actor to take such a drastic step. They have been looking at the actor's call records to find out who Kiran contacted prior to his death.
According to the police, Kiran received a call from a person named Sharath, who is a friend of Vishita, at around 7 pm. Later, Kiran called him back and spoke to him for about 2 minute 40 seconds. "Sharat said Kiran made casual talk about general topics. But he, in turn, informed Vishita that Kiran sounded dull," police was quoted as saying by The Hindu.
Earlier on Tuesday, some reports had surfaced claiming Kiran had attempted suicide a few months ago at his residence. However, police have denied to comment on it and said that the probe is still going on.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People