Mercedes-Benz Drives S Class to India for ₹1.57 crore
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 9:24 PM EST
German carmaker Mercedes-Benz on Wednesday launched its new S-Class sedan in India with a price tag of ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi).
A company logo is seen on a wheel in front of Mercedes-Benz A-class cars displayed in a dealership of German car manufacturer Daimler in Paris (Reuters)
The car which will be brought to India as a completely built unit (CBU) draws its power from the 4.7l V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 455 hp at 5250 rpm and a torque of 700 Nm at 1800-3500 rpm. It is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in just 4.4 seconds.
The company claims a top speed of 250 kmph for its new luxury sedan. The car is 28mm wider, 20mm longer and 15mm taller than its predecessor and sports a new headlight design.
"We are launching the all new S-Class in India just three months after its global launch in October last year, following up on eight new products we launched in 2013 here," PTI quoted Eberhard Kern Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
Kern also said that the company is looking to expand its outlets in India and will open 10 more showrooms by the end of this year.
Mercedes ,a company which sells a wide range of cars in India, such as like A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG will assemble the sedan locally in the country in later years. According to reports, the bookings for S-class sedan have opened in the country and the company will start the delivery of cars in April.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza