Mercedes-Benz Drives S Class to India for ₹1.57 crore
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 9:24 PM EST
German carmaker Mercedes-Benz on Wednesday launched its new S-Class sedan in India with a price tag of ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi).
A company logo is seen on a wheel in front of Mercedes-Benz A-class cars displayed in a dealership of German car manufacturer Daimler in Paris (Reuters)
The car which will be brought to India as a completely built unit (CBU) draws its power from the 4.7l V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 455 hp at 5250 rpm and a torque of 700 Nm at 1800-3500 rpm. It is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in just 4.4 seconds.
The company claims a top speed of 250 kmph for its new luxury sedan. The car is 28mm wider, 20mm longer and 15mm taller than its predecessor and sports a new headlight design.
"We are launching the all new S-Class in India just three months after its global launch in October last year, following up on eight new products we launched in 2013 here," PTI quoted Eberhard Kern Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
Kern also said that the company is looking to expand its outlets in India and will open 10 more showrooms by the end of this year.
Mercedes ,a company which sells a wide range of cars in India, such as like A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG will assemble the sedan locally in the country in later years. According to reports, the bookings for S-class sedan have opened in the country and the company will start the delivery of cars in April.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation