Mercedes-Benz Drives S Class to India for ₹1.57 crore
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 9:24 PM EST
German carmaker Mercedes-Benz on Wednesday launched its new S-Class sedan in India with a price tag of ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi).
A company logo is seen on a wheel in front of Mercedes-Benz A-class cars displayed in a dealership of German car manufacturer Daimler in Paris (Reuters)
The car which will be brought to India as a completely built unit (CBU) draws its power from the 4.7l V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 455 hp at 5250 rpm and a torque of 700 Nm at 1800-3500 rpm. It is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in just 4.4 seconds.
The company claims a top speed of 250 kmph for its new luxury sedan. The car is 28mm wider, 20mm longer and 15mm taller than its predecessor and sports a new headlight design.
"We are launching the all new S-Class in India just three months after its global launch in October last year, following up on eight new products we launched in 2013 here," PTI quoted Eberhard Kern Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
Kern also said that the company is looking to expand its outlets in India and will open 10 more showrooms by the end of this year.
Mercedes ,a company which sells a wide range of cars in India, such as like A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG will assemble the sedan locally in the country in later years. According to reports, the bookings for S-class sedan have opened in the country and the company will start the delivery of cars in April.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money