Mercedes-Benz Drives S Class to India for ₹1.57 crore
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 9:24 PM EST
German carmaker Mercedes-Benz on Wednesday launched its new S-Class sedan in India with a price tag of ₹1.57 crore (ex-showroom Delhi).
A company logo is seen on a wheel in front of Mercedes-Benz A-class cars displayed in a dealership of German car manufacturer Daimler in Paris (Reuters)
The car which will be brought to India as a completely built unit (CBU) draws its power from the 4.7l V8 engine, which can churn out a power of 455 hp at 5250 rpm and a torque of 700 Nm at 1800-3500 rpm. It is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and can accelerate from 0-100 kmph in just 4.4 seconds.
The company claims a top speed of 250 kmph for its new luxury sedan. The car is 28mm wider, 20mm longer and 15mm taller than its predecessor and sports a new headlight design.
"We are launching the all new S-Class in India just three months after its global launch in October last year, following up on eight new products we launched in 2013 here," PTI quoted Eberhard Kern Managing Director and CEO of Mercedes-Benz India.
Kern also said that the company is looking to expand its outlets in India and will open 10 more showrooms by the end of this year.
Mercedes ,a company which sells a wide range of cars in India, such as like A Class, B Class, sedans C Class, E Class, S Class and SLS AMG will assemble the sedan locally in the country in later years. According to reports, the bookings for S-class sedan have opened in the country and the company will start the delivery of cars in April.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage