Copa Del Rey Where to Watch Live: Barcelona vs Getafe Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 8, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Lionel Messi, Barcelona's talisman, is expected to feature for the first time in nearly two months in the Copa Del Rey last-16 first leg encounter against Getafe at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi celebrates after scoring against Ajax in the Champions League, September 18, 2013
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 10 pm local time (2.30 am IST Thursday morning) start with live coverage on Ten Sports in India. The match can be live streamed online in the US HERE, with the same going for UK viewers HERE. Watch the action via live streaming in the Middle East and North Africa HERE.
Messi has not played for Barcelona since injuring his hamstring in the game against Real Betis in early November, and the Argentine's return will be a big boost as Barca look to challenge for titles on all three fronts.
"I have spoken to Leo and he says he's ready to play," Barcelona manager Martino said. "He's done his training and now what he has to do is play a match. But with injuries, you first have to get over them physically, and then you have to get over them mentally."
Barcelona have done pretty well in Messi's absence, with six wins in six while keeping their top spot in La Liga, with the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Neymar coming to the fore.
The Spanish champions eased to a comfortable win over Elche in the La Liga at the weekend, and Martino will want to take that form into the first leg tie against Getafe.
Getafe surprised Barca in a league encounter last month, scoring two quickfire goals within 14 minutes, before a Pedro Rodriguez hat-trick and a Cesc Fabregas brace saw the champions ease through.
Martino warned his players against complacency and stressed on the importance of concentrating on the job at hand right from minute one.
"We have to play like we did for the last seventy minutes and make sure there are no lapses in our concentration," he said. "From here on comes the most difficult part of the season. We will try to keep things the same and maintain our high standard of football.
Attention has already turned to the top-of-the-table clash against Atletico Madrid at the weekend, but Martino is determined to keep his focus on Wednesday's encounter.
"We have to focus on this match," Martino added. "There is no room for error in the Copa Del Rey. We want to stay in the cup and so we have to win.
"We still have Thursday and Friday to worry about Atletico Madrid."
Barcelona will be without Marc Bartra, Xavi Hernandez and Dani Alves, with Martino preferring to rest the trio due to minor injuries. "[Bartra] got hurt but tests didn't detect anything wrong, but it's best not to risk things," Martino said. "Instinct tells me that we should be cautious.
"It's a similar thing with Xavi, with the soleus trouble he's been having since last season." [Alves] I haven't spoken to him, but he hasn't looked right to me since he came back with flu. He needs a few more training sessions."
Getafe, who suffered a disappointing 3-0 loss at Sevilla on Sunday, will hope to come away with a draw from the Camp Nou, and hope they can turn Barcelona over at home.
Expected lineups: Barcelona: Pinto; Montoya, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano; Busquets, Song, Fabregas; Pedro, Sanchez, Neymar.
Getafe: Moya; Alvaro, Rafa, Alexis, Escudero; Borja, Mosquera; Leon, Sarabia, Gavilan; Ciprian.
Prediction: 4-1 to Barcelona
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales