Copa Del Rey Where to Watch Live: Barcelona vs Getafe Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 8, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Lionel Messi, Barcelona's talisman, is expected to feature for the first time in nearly two months in the Copa Del Rey last-16 first leg encounter against Getafe at the Camp Nou.
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi celebrates after scoring against Ajax in the Champions League, September 18, 2013
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 10 pm local time (2.30 am IST Thursday morning) start with live coverage on Ten Sports in India. The match can be live streamed online in the US HERE, with the same going for UK viewers HERE. Watch the action via live streaming in the Middle East and North Africa HERE.
Messi has not played for Barcelona since injuring his hamstring in the game against Real Betis in early November, and the Argentine's return will be a big boost as Barca look to challenge for titles on all three fronts.
"I have spoken to Leo and he says he's ready to play," Barcelona manager Martino said. "He's done his training and now what he has to do is play a match. But with injuries, you first have to get over them physically, and then you have to get over them mentally."
Barcelona have done pretty well in Messi's absence, with six wins in six while keeping their top spot in La Liga, with the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Neymar coming to the fore.
The Spanish champions eased to a comfortable win over Elche in the La Liga at the weekend, and Martino will want to take that form into the first leg tie against Getafe.
Getafe surprised Barca in a league encounter last month, scoring two quickfire goals within 14 minutes, before a Pedro Rodriguez hat-trick and a Cesc Fabregas brace saw the champions ease through.
Martino warned his players against complacency and stressed on the importance of concentrating on the job at hand right from minute one.
"We have to play like we did for the last seventy minutes and make sure there are no lapses in our concentration," he said. "From here on comes the most difficult part of the season. We will try to keep things the same and maintain our high standard of football.
Attention has already turned to the top-of-the-table clash against Atletico Madrid at the weekend, but Martino is determined to keep his focus on Wednesday's encounter.
"We have to focus on this match," Martino added. "There is no room for error in the Copa Del Rey. We want to stay in the cup and so we have to win.
"We still have Thursday and Friday to worry about Atletico Madrid."
Barcelona will be without Marc Bartra, Xavi Hernandez and Dani Alves, with Martino preferring to rest the trio due to minor injuries. "[Bartra] got hurt but tests didn't detect anything wrong, but it's best not to risk things," Martino said. "Instinct tells me that we should be cautious.
"It's a similar thing with Xavi, with the soleus trouble he's been having since last season." [Alves] I haven't spoken to him, but he hasn't looked right to me since he came back with flu. He needs a few more training sessions."
Getafe, who suffered a disappointing 3-0 loss at Sevilla on Sunday, will hope to come away with a draw from the Camp Nou, and hope they can turn Barcelona over at home.
Expected lineups: Barcelona: Pinto; Montoya, Pique, Mascherano, Adriano; Busquets, Song, Fabregas; Pedro, Sanchez, Neymar.
Getafe: Moya; Alvaro, Rafa, Alexis, Escudero; Borja, Mosquera; Leon, Sarabia, Gavilan; Ciprian.
Prediction: 4-1 to Barcelona
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks