Facebook Buys Bangalore-Based Startup Little Eye Labs
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Facebook Buys Bangalore Based Start-Up Little Eye Labs
This is the first acquisition by the social networking giant in India. Though the terms of the deal are not disclosed, various reports suggest the acquisition was in the range of $10 million to $15 million. Both firms have confirmed the deal.
"We're acquiring Little Eye Labs, a company that produces world-class technology to help developers build more efficient products with Android, Facebook engineering manager Subbu Subramanian told ET, adding that "The Little Eye Labs technology will help us to continue improving our Android codebase to make more efficient, higher-performing apps."
Following the deal, the Little Eye Labs team will move to Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
A Little about Little Eye Labs
Little Eye Labs, an Indian startup, was founded by four Bangalore-based techies, namely Giridhar Murthy, Kumar Rangarajan, Satyam Kandula and Lakshman Kakkirala in 2012. The firm was backed by GSF and VenturEast Tenet Fund.
Confirming the deal, Kumar Rangarajan, chief executive of Little Eye Labs, said: "This has been a fun and exciting journey. We're eager to be working alongside the incredible team at Facebook," as quoted by ET. "And together, we'll continue on our mission of building awesome analysis tools to aide in the development of brilliant apps."
Other acquisitions made by Facebook to build mobile products include Parse in April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?