Facebook Buys Bangalore-Based Startup Little Eye Labs
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Facebook Buys Bangalore Based Start-Up Little Eye Labs
This is the first acquisition by the social networking giant in India. Though the terms of the deal are not disclosed, various reports suggest the acquisition was in the range of $10 million to $15 million. Both firms have confirmed the deal.
"We're acquiring Little Eye Labs, a company that produces world-class technology to help developers build more efficient products with Android, Facebook engineering manager Subbu Subramanian told ET, adding that "The Little Eye Labs technology will help us to continue improving our Android codebase to make more efficient, higher-performing apps."
Following the deal, the Little Eye Labs team will move to Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
A Little about Little Eye Labs
Little Eye Labs, an Indian startup, was founded by four Bangalore-based techies, namely Giridhar Murthy, Kumar Rangarajan, Satyam Kandula and Lakshman Kakkirala in 2012. The firm was backed by GSF and VenturEast Tenet Fund.
Confirming the deal, Kumar Rangarajan, chief executive of Little Eye Labs, said: "This has been a fun and exciting journey. We're eager to be working alongside the incredible team at Facebook," as quoted by ET. "And together, we'll continue on our mission of building awesome analysis tools to aide in the development of brilliant apps."
Other acquisitions made by Facebook to build mobile products include Parse in April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best