Facebook Buys Bangalore-Based Startup Little Eye Labs
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Facebook Buys Bangalore Based Start-Up Little Eye Labs
This is the first acquisition by the social networking giant in India. Though the terms of the deal are not disclosed, various reports suggest the acquisition was in the range of $10 million to $15 million. Both firms have confirmed the deal.
"We're acquiring Little Eye Labs, a company that produces world-class technology to help developers build more efficient products with Android, Facebook engineering manager Subbu Subramanian told ET, adding that "The Little Eye Labs technology will help us to continue improving our Android codebase to make more efficient, higher-performing apps."
Following the deal, the Little Eye Labs team will move to Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
A Little about Little Eye Labs
Little Eye Labs, an Indian startup, was founded by four Bangalore-based techies, namely Giridhar Murthy, Kumar Rangarajan, Satyam Kandula and Lakshman Kakkirala in 2012. The firm was backed by GSF and VenturEast Tenet Fund.
Confirming the deal, Kumar Rangarajan, chief executive of Little Eye Labs, said: "This has been a fun and exciting journey. We're eager to be working alongside the incredible team at Facebook," as quoted by ET. "And together, we'll continue on our mission of building awesome analysis tools to aide in the development of brilliant apps."
Other acquisitions made by Facebook to build mobile products include Parse in April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase