Facebook Buys Bangalore-Based Startup Little Eye Labs
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 8:43 PM EST
Facebook Buys Bangalore Based Start-Up Little Eye Labs
This is the first acquisition by the social networking giant in India. Though the terms of the deal are not disclosed, various reports suggest the acquisition was in the range of $10 million to $15 million. Both firms have confirmed the deal.
"We're acquiring Little Eye Labs, a company that produces world-class technology to help developers build more efficient products with Android, Facebook engineering manager Subbu Subramanian told ET, adding that "The Little Eye Labs technology will help us to continue improving our Android codebase to make more efficient, higher-performing apps."
Following the deal, the Little Eye Labs team will move to Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
A Little about Little Eye Labs
Little Eye Labs, an Indian startup, was founded by four Bangalore-based techies, namely Giridhar Murthy, Kumar Rangarajan, Satyam Kandula and Lakshman Kakkirala in 2012. The firm was backed by GSF and VenturEast Tenet Fund.
Confirming the deal, Kumar Rangarajan, chief executive of Little Eye Labs, said: "This has been a fun and exciting journey. We're eager to be working alongside the incredible team at Facebook," as quoted by ET. "And together, we'll continue on our mission of building awesome analysis tools to aide in the development of brilliant apps."
Other acquisitions made by Facebook to build mobile products include Parse in April 2013.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks