BSE Sensex Headed for First Daily Gain this Year
January 8, 2014 8:23 PM EST
The BSE Sensex and the Nifty are trading up around 0.3 percent each, heading towards their first gain this year after five straight days of falls.
A bronze bull sculpture is seen outside the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai, in August, 2013 (Reuters).
Export-driven IT and pharmaceutical shares gain on expectations a weaker rupee and healthier overseas markets will boost earnings.
However, concerns remain about foreign flows after overseas investors sold 13.29 billion rupees worth of index futures on Tuesday, leading to total sales of 23.34 billion rupees over the previous three sessions, according to exchange data.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Update: Death Toll Reaches 2,461; US$1B Is Needed To Fight It, Says UN
- BC Teachers’ Strike Reaches Tentative Deal With Government, Date of Class Resumptions Still Not Sure
- Australia To Lose Hundreds Of Billions Worth Of Infrastructure Due To Rising Sea Levels
- Security for Pope Francis' Albania Trip At Status Quo, Won’t Be Reinforced Despite ISIS Threat – Vatican
- Air France Pilots’ Strike: Only 40% of Scheduled Wednesday Flights Will Operate
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone