BSE Sensex Headed for First Daily Gain this Year
January 8, 2014 8:23 PM EST
The BSE Sensex and the Nifty are trading up around 0.3 percent each, heading towards their first gain this year after five straight days of falls.
A bronze bull sculpture is seen outside the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai, in August, 2013 (Reuters).
Export-driven IT and pharmaceutical shares gain on expectations a weaker rupee and healthier overseas markets will boost earnings.
However, concerns remain about foreign flows after overseas investors sold 13.29 billion rupees worth of index futures on Tuesday, leading to total sales of 23.34 billion rupees over the previous three sessions, according to exchange data.
Join the Conversation
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide