‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Post Mid-Season Finale Spoiler: Flu Virus Might Continue To Haunt Survivors
By Tarun Mazumdar | January 8, 2014 8:18 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 episodes saw the flu outbreak giving the prison members a very difficult time. Also, it cannot happen that when the show returns the prison members are completely healthy.
Episodes 6 and 7 were about The Governor and then in Episode 8 or the mid-season finale episode, team prison and team Governor battled it out. It was a bloody war with numerous losses. "The Walking Dead" Season 4 Episode 5, "Internment" featured Hershel Greene taking care of the sick in prison. The prison battle took place exactly after Episode 5. Glenn Rhee and Sasha have medicines in their bodies, but they left the prison in a bad shape. The flu will not spare the infected.
Greg Nicotero, special effects maestro and producer, talked to Channel Guide Magazine and shared about the upcoming episodes of "The Walking Dead" Season 4. When asked about the virus, he said, "Yeah, it's very possible!"
"I really don't want to ruin anything, because I tend to talk a lot and I don't want to give anything away and then in February you'll call me and say, 'You a-hole! You @#$%ing ruined that for me!' [laughs]" Nicotero added.
Steven Yeun talked to The Hollywood Reporter after Episode 5. "The flu definitely still plays a part; you don't just heal right away - even if you have medicine, it takes time to recover from. A lot of that stuff will play," Steven shared.
The last time we saw Glenn, he was in the bus with other folks from the prison. He looked pale and sick. Sasha was also looking sick.
What do you think about the flu? Do you think more people will be infected with the flu?
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 returns with Episode 9 Feb. 9 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2