‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Post Mid-Season Finale Spoiler: Flu Virus Might Continue To Haunt Survivors
By Tarun Mazumdar | January 8, 2014 8:18 PM EST
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 episodes saw the flu outbreak giving the prison members a very difficult time. Also, it cannot happen that when the show returns the prison members are completely healthy.
Episodes 6 and 7 were about The Governor and then in Episode 8 or the mid-season finale episode, team prison and team Governor battled it out. It was a bloody war with numerous losses. "The Walking Dead" Season 4 Episode 5, "Internment" featured Hershel Greene taking care of the sick in prison. The prison battle took place exactly after Episode 5. Glenn Rhee and Sasha have medicines in their bodies, but they left the prison in a bad shape. The flu will not spare the infected.
Greg Nicotero, special effects maestro and producer, talked to Channel Guide Magazine and shared about the upcoming episodes of "The Walking Dead" Season 4. When asked about the virus, he said, "Yeah, it's very possible!"
"I really don't want to ruin anything, because I tend to talk a lot and I don't want to give anything away and then in February you'll call me and say, 'You a-hole! You @#$%ing ruined that for me!' [laughs]" Nicotero added.
Steven Yeun talked to The Hollywood Reporter after Episode 5. "The flu definitely still plays a part; you don't just heal right away - even if you have medicine, it takes time to recover from. A lot of that stuff will play," Steven shared.
The last time we saw Glenn, he was in the bus with other folks from the prison. He looked pale and sick. Sasha was also looking sick.
What do you think about the flu? Do you think more people will be infected with the flu?
"The Walking Dead" Season 4 returns with Episode 9 Feb. 9 on AMC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)