Smartphones To Rule 2014: iPhone 6, Nexus 6, LG G Flex And Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One 2, Nokia Lumia 929
By Vanessa Francisco | January 8, 2014 8:12 PM EST
2014 has started and it looks very promising for the smartphone market. The industry has skyrocketed. In 2013, we saw a lot of big brands competing with their flagship devices. It's now time for a fresh start so let's look at some of the widely anticipated smartphones. Some could only be rumors but some might actually see the light of day. Here's a list of what we want to see in the new year.
It has only been a few months since the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C were released but rumours about iPhone 6, its successor, have already emerged. Currently, reports suggest that the iPhone 6 will have a bigger display, possibly as large as 4.8 inches to 5.7 inches. Some also say the two versions will be released, with one being only 6 mm thick. This could satisfy the demand for a bigger iPhone. Apple fans could get an upgraded processor and camera, a redesign and an introduction of the iOS 8 software. Apple usually releases the iPhone in either fall or summer. There's not much word on an iPhone 6C though but we do not expect Apple to just abandon it for 2014.
2. Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumors suggest the device would include a 64-bit processor, 16 Megapixel camera, 5-inch display and Android 4.4 KitKat and a new design that might be made of metal. There are rumors pointing to a budget, plastic model.
3. HTC One 2 / M8
Many reports point to February 2014 for the next-gen HTC One launch. HTC will bring the M8 with a 2.3 GHz Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 chipset, Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 and a 5-inch 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution display. Most of the attention will be on its metal body construction like the elegant look of the HTC One 2013.
4. Xperia Z2
Rumors have been swirling around saying the Xperia Z2 is under the codename "Avatar," which specs sheet includes a Qualcomm SnapDragon 800, a full high definition display, 3 GB of RAM with a 5.2 inches display to match the LG G2. It's also expected to support 4K video capture, ready for playback on the Sony 4K TV.
5. LG G Flex
The LG G Flex is one of the first devices with a curved display, using the flexible OLED screen technology that allows a curve dramatic on the horizontal axis. The specs include a 6-inch 720p display, 2.26 GHz quad core SnapDragon 800 processor, 13 MP camera, 2 GB of RAM and 3,500 mAh battery.
Other devices worth monitoring are the Nexus 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Nokia 929.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers