Samsung Galaxy S5 To Miss MWC 2014, Rumored Release In May
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 8, 2014 8:02 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 will be launched in March with a Galaxy S5 release date in May, according to an industry insider.
An anonymous source from Got To Be Mobile said the Samsung Galaxy S5 will miss the Mobile World Congress 2014 and the Galaxy F that is floating around is an internal name and not a real retail device name.
Galaxy S5 has been the talk of the town for a couple of weeks already as the launch and release of the next generation Samsung flagship smartphone nears. This device named Galaxy S5 is rumored to take the place of the current flagship smartphone of Samsung, the Galaxy S4.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is rumored with a number of killer specs and features like the brand new 5.2 inches QHD display with high resolution and 520 ppi. Digi Tech backed up this rumor as it reported that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will use a 5.25-inch QHD panel, which will be made by Sharp. Also, it was reported that Samsung will not use its usual AMOLED display due to supply difficulties of the 2k AMOLED displays. Other specs rumors said the Samsung Galaxy S5 will score a 16MP sensor camera, Android 4.4 KitKat OS and possibly a metal chassis.
The next generation Samsung flagship smartphone will miss the MWC 2014 in Barcelona, according to Eldar Murtazin. He noted the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be announced in March and will hit the shelves probably by April or May. He further claimed the reason of the March launch is because European capitals are taken into consideration, which might be a sign that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will not be announced in the U.S.
Murtazin, who has been accurate with unofficial information in the past, also reported that the name Samsung Galaxy F pertains to the much anticipated Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy F stands for "Fashion," which is an internal name of the device for the time being.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family