Auto Expo 2014: Toyota Etios Cross Set to Make its Debut
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Toyota sold 26.6 percent more cars in January than it did in the same month last year. Its logo was the fourth most popular after those of Detroit's Big Three automakers last month.
The vehicle, which was unveiled in Brazil and Argentina in November, has been spotted testing on Indian roads for quite some time. The car - a restyled version of Toyota Etios Liva hatchback - will come powered by the same the 1.4 liter, 68 bhp diesel engine or the 1.5 liter, 89 bhp petrol engine. According to reports, the car is based on the Etios Liva though the exterior flaunts an overhauled look.
The Etios Cross looks sportier than the Etios Liva and is expected to come with features like a new front bumper and diamond cut 10-spoke alloy wheels. When launched, the vehicle will take on the likes of Volkswagen Polo Cross and Fiat Punto Cross.
Meanwhile, Toyota has launched two new variants of its premium hatchback Etios Liva, dubbed VD and VD SP. Previously Etios was available in four variants - JD, GD, GD Safety Package (SP) and TRD Sportivo.
Toyota Etios Liva VD comes at a price of Rs. 6.72 lakh, while the VD SP variant is priced at Rs. 7.12 lakh. The engine specifications of both models remain the same as 1.4-litre motor which can churn a power of 67 bhp with peak torque of 170 Nm.
The Auto Expo 2014 is speculated to see the unveiling of around 20 new cars. Auto majors like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Ford, Audi, Chevrolet, Nissan, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz are all said to be getting ready to dazzle at the event.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World