Auto Expo 2014: Toyota Etios Cross Set to Make its Debut
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Toyota sold 26.6 percent more cars in January than it did in the same month last year. Its logo was the fourth most popular after those of Detroit's Big Three automakers last month.
The vehicle, which was unveiled in Brazil and Argentina in November, has been spotted testing on Indian roads for quite some time. The car - a restyled version of Toyota Etios Liva hatchback - will come powered by the same the 1.4 liter, 68 bhp diesel engine or the 1.5 liter, 89 bhp petrol engine. According to reports, the car is based on the Etios Liva though the exterior flaunts an overhauled look.
The Etios Cross looks sportier than the Etios Liva and is expected to come with features like a new front bumper and diamond cut 10-spoke alloy wheels. When launched, the vehicle will take on the likes of Volkswagen Polo Cross and Fiat Punto Cross.
Meanwhile, Toyota has launched two new variants of its premium hatchback Etios Liva, dubbed VD and VD SP. Previously Etios was available in four variants - JD, GD, GD Safety Package (SP) and TRD Sportivo.
Toyota Etios Liva VD comes at a price of Rs. 6.72 lakh, while the VD SP variant is priced at Rs. 7.12 lakh. The engine specifications of both models remain the same as 1.4-litre motor which can churn a power of 67 bhp with peak torque of 170 Nm.
The Auto Expo 2014 is speculated to see the unveiling of around 20 new cars. Auto majors like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Ford, Audi, Chevrolet, Nissan, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz are all said to be getting ready to dazzle at the event.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money