Auto Expo 2014: Toyota Etios Cross Set to Make its Debut
By greeshma m | January 8, 2014 7:42 PM EST
Toyota sold 26.6 percent more cars in January than it did in the same month last year. Its logo was the fourth most popular after those of Detroit's Big Three automakers last month.
The vehicle, which was unveiled in Brazil and Argentina in November, has been spotted testing on Indian roads for quite some time. The car - a restyled version of Toyota Etios Liva hatchback - will come powered by the same the 1.4 liter, 68 bhp diesel engine or the 1.5 liter, 89 bhp petrol engine. According to reports, the car is based on the Etios Liva though the exterior flaunts an overhauled look.
The Etios Cross looks sportier than the Etios Liva and is expected to come with features like a new front bumper and diamond cut 10-spoke alloy wheels. When launched, the vehicle will take on the likes of Volkswagen Polo Cross and Fiat Punto Cross.
Meanwhile, Toyota has launched two new variants of its premium hatchback Etios Liva, dubbed VD and VD SP. Previously Etios was available in four variants - JD, GD, GD Safety Package (SP) and TRD Sportivo.
Toyota Etios Liva VD comes at a price of Rs. 6.72 lakh, while the VD SP variant is priced at Rs. 7.12 lakh. The engine specifications of both models remain the same as 1.4-litre motor which can churn a power of 67 bhp with peak torque of 170 Nm.
The Auto Expo 2014 is speculated to see the unveiling of around 20 new cars. Auto majors like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Volkswagen, Ford, Audi, Chevrolet, Nissan, BMW, Honda, Toyota, Jaguar Land Rover, Volvo and Mercedes-Benz are all said to be getting ready to dazzle at the event.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman