Golden Globes 2014 Best Actress Prediction: Cate Blanchett vs. Sandra Bullock vs. Judi Dench
By Sonalee singh | January 8, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Golden Globes, one of the most anticipated award events of the year, is just around the corner. For the second time in a row, Tina Fey and Amy Pohler will be hosting the Golden Globes and we can't wait to see them at their best. We wonder what they have in their mind this season and how many sweet spots are they going to hit.
Meanwhile, lets take a look at the actress who did a phenomenal job and may win the best actress category for this year's Golden Globe.
Cate Blanchett: She took our breath away with her class act in Blue Jasmine. The actress played the role of rich Manhattan socialite who fell in the trap of homelessness and acute poverty. Blanchett has been raved for her role worldwide and her acting prowess has left everyone awed. She has already won Best Actress awards at major critic events, including Boston Film Critics, the Chicago Film Critics and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association and in every respect she deserves to walk with a Golden Globes.
Anthony Quinn of Independent.co.uk wrote in praise of Cate Blanchett, "Allen has written brilliant parts for women in the past - for Diane Keaton in Annie Hall and Manhattan, Mia Farrow in Broadway Danny Rose, Judy Davis in Husbands and Wives. But writing a part and casting it are two different skills. Here, he may have made the smartest choice of his career: Cate Blanchett's performance really is that good."
Sandra Bullock: Commercially speaking, Gravity has done humungus business worldwide and has got immense popularity to its lead actress Sandra Bullock. Bullock has done a poignant portrayal of an astronaut who is adrift in the space. She could take home the Golden Globe as her performance had a global reach.
Judi Dench: She has been nominated for her role in Philomena. Based on the novel, "Lost Child of Philomena Lee," by Martin Sixsmith, Dench played the role of a mother who searches for her child she gave up 50 years ago.
Emma Thomson and Kate Winslet have also been nominated in the Best Actress category for their role in "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Labour Day," respectively.
Let us know which actress deserves to will walk away with Golden Globe this year?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown