Golden Globes 2014 Best Actress Prediction: Cate Blanchett vs. Sandra Bullock vs. Judi Dench
By Sonalee singh | January 8, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Golden Globes, one of the most anticipated award events of the year, is just around the corner. For the second time in a row, Tina Fey and Amy Pohler will be hosting the Golden Globes and we can't wait to see them at their best. We wonder what they have in their mind this season and how many sweet spots are they going to hit.
Meanwhile, lets take a look at the actress who did a phenomenal job and may win the best actress category for this year's Golden Globe.
Cate Blanchett: She took our breath away with her class act in Blue Jasmine. The actress played the role of rich Manhattan socialite who fell in the trap of homelessness and acute poverty. Blanchett has been raved for her role worldwide and her acting prowess has left everyone awed. She has already won Best Actress awards at major critic events, including Boston Film Critics, the Chicago Film Critics and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association and in every respect she deserves to walk with a Golden Globes.
Anthony Quinn of Independent.co.uk wrote in praise of Cate Blanchett, "Allen has written brilliant parts for women in the past - for Diane Keaton in Annie Hall and Manhattan, Mia Farrow in Broadway Danny Rose, Judy Davis in Husbands and Wives. But writing a part and casting it are two different skills. Here, he may have made the smartest choice of his career: Cate Blanchett's performance really is that good."
Sandra Bullock: Commercially speaking, Gravity has done humungus business worldwide and has got immense popularity to its lead actress Sandra Bullock. Bullock has done a poignant portrayal of an astronaut who is adrift in the space. She could take home the Golden Globe as her performance had a global reach.
Judi Dench: She has been nominated for her role in Philomena. Based on the novel, "Lost Child of Philomena Lee," by Martin Sixsmith, Dench played the role of a mother who searches for her child she gave up 50 years ago.
Emma Thomson and Kate Winslet have also been nominated in the Best Actress category for their role in "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Labour Day," respectively.
Let us know which actress deserves to will walk away with Golden Globe this year?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar