Golden Globes 2014 Best Actress Prediction: Cate Blanchett vs. Sandra Bullock vs. Judi Dench
By Sonalee singh | January 8, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Golden Globes, one of the most anticipated award events of the year, is just around the corner. For the second time in a row, Tina Fey and Amy Pohler will be hosting the Golden Globes and we can't wait to see them at their best. We wonder what they have in their mind this season and how many sweet spots are they going to hit.
Meanwhile, lets take a look at the actress who did a phenomenal job and may win the best actress category for this year's Golden Globe.
Cate Blanchett: She took our breath away with her class act in Blue Jasmine. The actress played the role of rich Manhattan socialite who fell in the trap of homelessness and acute poverty. Blanchett has been raved for her role worldwide and her acting prowess has left everyone awed. She has already won Best Actress awards at major critic events, including Boston Film Critics, the Chicago Film Critics and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association and in every respect she deserves to walk with a Golden Globes.
Anthony Quinn of Independent.co.uk wrote in praise of Cate Blanchett, "Allen has written brilliant parts for women in the past - for Diane Keaton in Annie Hall and Manhattan, Mia Farrow in Broadway Danny Rose, Judy Davis in Husbands and Wives. But writing a part and casting it are two different skills. Here, he may have made the smartest choice of his career: Cate Blanchett's performance really is that good."
Sandra Bullock: Commercially speaking, Gravity has done humungus business worldwide and has got immense popularity to its lead actress Sandra Bullock. Bullock has done a poignant portrayal of an astronaut who is adrift in the space. She could take home the Golden Globe as her performance had a global reach.
Judi Dench: She has been nominated for her role in Philomena. Based on the novel, "Lost Child of Philomena Lee," by Martin Sixsmith, Dench played the role of a mother who searches for her child she gave up 50 years ago.
Emma Thomson and Kate Winslet have also been nominated in the Best Actress category for their role in "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Labour Day," respectively.
Let us know which actress deserves to will walk away with Golden Globe this year?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar