Golden Globes 2014 Best Actress Prediction: Cate Blanchett vs. Sandra Bullock vs. Judi Dench
By Sonalee singh | January 8, 2014 7:38 PM EST
Golden Globes, one of the most anticipated award events of the year, is just around the corner. For the second time in a row, Tina Fey and Amy Pohler will be hosting the Golden Globes and we can't wait to see them at their best. We wonder what they have in their mind this season and how many sweet spots are they going to hit.
Meanwhile, lets take a look at the actress who did a phenomenal job and may win the best actress category for this year's Golden Globe.
Cate Blanchett: She took our breath away with her class act in Blue Jasmine. The actress played the role of rich Manhattan socialite who fell in the trap of homelessness and acute poverty. Blanchett has been raved for her role worldwide and her acting prowess has left everyone awed. She has already won Best Actress awards at major critic events, including Boston Film Critics, the Chicago Film Critics and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association and in every respect she deserves to walk with a Golden Globes.
Anthony Quinn of Independent.co.uk wrote in praise of Cate Blanchett, "Allen has written brilliant parts for women in the past - for Diane Keaton in Annie Hall and Manhattan, Mia Farrow in Broadway Danny Rose, Judy Davis in Husbands and Wives. But writing a part and casting it are two different skills. Here, he may have made the smartest choice of his career: Cate Blanchett's performance really is that good."
Sandra Bullock: Commercially speaking, Gravity has done humungus business worldwide and has got immense popularity to its lead actress Sandra Bullock. Bullock has done a poignant portrayal of an astronaut who is adrift in the space. She could take home the Golden Globe as her performance had a global reach.
Judi Dench: She has been nominated for her role in Philomena. Based on the novel, "Lost Child of Philomena Lee," by Martin Sixsmith, Dench played the role of a mother who searches for her child she gave up 50 years ago.
Emma Thomson and Kate Winslet have also been nominated in the Best Actress category for their role in "Saving Mr. Banks" and "Labour Day," respectively.
Let us know which actress deserves to will walk away with Golden Globe this year?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza