Floyd Mayweather Addresses the Rumours Surrounding Next Fight
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 8, 2014 7:27 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather is featured on Fight Hype's 2-part article where he talked about his future boxing plans as well as addressed the rumours surrounding his next fight.
"I got fighters that are so desperate to fight me, they making up fake contracts," said Mayweather. Recently, there have been reports circulating all over different news Web sites claiming that Khan has already signed a contract to fight the undefeated boxer. The British boxer is reportedly only waiting for Mayweather to countersign the alleged fight contract. Mayweather has already clarified the story immediately after the news broke. However, he covertly pointed out that he is not closing his doors to a possible fight against Amir Khan.
"If the Amir Khan fight presents itself, then you know what," said the 36-year-old fighter. "It presents itself," he added. "Amir Khan has a good following, so if it make business sense, then it makes money" said Mayweather. If "The Money Team" foresees that a fight against Khan will reap great numbers, then the British boxer's dream of fighting the best fighter in the world might happen. Khan has always spoken about his interest to fight Mayweather. Who knows, the British boxer's wish might just be granted?
Mayweather also did not hesitate to answer the questions concerning Manny Pacquiao. "Pacquiao had his opportunity, he had his chance," said the five-division world champion. Mayweather claims he offered Pacquiao a $40 million guaranteed purse to fight him. He even personally phoned the Filipino fighter to officially make the offer, but Pacquiao wanted a 50-50 split. Pacquiao chose to fight Juan Manuel Marquez for the fourth time, which earned him his shocking knockout loss.
What pissed Mayweather off is the fact that Pacquiao seems to think that they are on the same level. "If he's on the same level as me, let's see his pay-per-view numbers," said Mayweather. "Let's see his last check," he added.
Another point that has also been fueling Mayweather infuriation about the entire Pacquiao thing is the fact that the Filipino boxer is doing business with Bob Arum. "I don't know what their relationship is, but I'm not doing business with Bob Arum," he said. He even called Arum a coward. As soon as Mayweather left Arum, there was an immediate grumble. Arum has recently came on record stating that he's good friends with him, but Mayweather apparently think otherwise.
Mayweather will be back to fight in the boxing ring on May 3, 2014.
MORE BOXING NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]