Liam Hemsworth as Thor? Chris Hemsworth Explains How He Almost Lost the Coveted Role
By Riza Ornos | January 8, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Can you imagine anyone as Thor other than Chris Hemsworth? Or Liam Hemsworth as Thor? "Thor: The Dark World" star Chris Hemsworth explain how he almost lost the role to his brother Liam Hemsworth when they auditioned for the part.
"I auditioned for 'Thor,' and I didn't get called back," Chris Hemsworth admits to an interview with W magazine. "I was intimidated by the director, Kenneth Branagh. To me, he is Shakespeare. My brother, Liam, was luckier. He was one of the final five guys up for the part."
Luckily none of the top final 5 guys was right for the role and that's the time that Chris' manager suggested Chris for the role. "My manager said, 'If you liked Liam, maybe you'll also like his older brother.' This time, I was pissed off. I didn't care about Shakespeare anymore; swagger got me the part," he added.
The 30-year-old Australian actor gained his mainstream popularity when he was casted for the coveted role and after the successful stint for "Thor" the actor was casted in a big budget hero film "The Avengers" where he reprises his role as Thor.
The Hollywood hunk is now a household name and "Thor's" second installment "Thor: The Dark World" has earned a total of $630,449,204 and surpassed its predecessor within 19 days of release. The movie is the third highest-grossing film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
While promoting "Thor: The Dark World," Chris was contracted for another "Thor" film and two more "Avengers" film. There are rumors that he will reprise his role as the huntsman in the second installment of "Snow White and the Huntsman" opposite "Twilight" star Kristin Stewart.
Last year the actor released another high-action film where he played as a race car driver in a Formula 1 movie "Rush." The actor is scheduled to star in the 2014 thriller "Shadow Runner." The star is currently working on "In the Heart of the Sea" with "Rush" directed Ron Howard, and he is expecting his second child with wife Elsa Pataky.
For now there is no slowing down for Chris when big offers and coveted roles are kept landing in his lap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family