Liam Hemsworth as Thor? Chris Hemsworth Explains How He Almost Lost the Coveted Role
By Riza Ornos | January 8, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Can you imagine anyone as Thor other than Chris Hemsworth? Or Liam Hemsworth as Thor? "Thor: The Dark World" star Chris Hemsworth explain how he almost lost the role to his brother Liam Hemsworth when they auditioned for the part.
"I auditioned for 'Thor,' and I didn't get called back," Chris Hemsworth admits to an interview with W magazine. "I was intimidated by the director, Kenneth Branagh. To me, he is Shakespeare. My brother, Liam, was luckier. He was one of the final five guys up for the part."
Luckily none of the top final 5 guys was right for the role and that's the time that Chris' manager suggested Chris for the role. "My manager said, 'If you liked Liam, maybe you'll also like his older brother.' This time, I was pissed off. I didn't care about Shakespeare anymore; swagger got me the part," he added.
The 30-year-old Australian actor gained his mainstream popularity when he was casted for the coveted role and after the successful stint for "Thor" the actor was casted in a big budget hero film "The Avengers" where he reprises his role as Thor.
The Hollywood hunk is now a household name and "Thor's" second installment "Thor: The Dark World" has earned a total of $630,449,204 and surpassed its predecessor within 19 days of release. The movie is the third highest-grossing film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
While promoting "Thor: The Dark World," Chris was contracted for another "Thor" film and two more "Avengers" film. There are rumors that he will reprise his role as the huntsman in the second installment of "Snow White and the Huntsman" opposite "Twilight" star Kristin Stewart.
Last year the actor released another high-action film where he played as a race car driver in a Formula 1 movie "Rush." The actor is scheduled to star in the 2014 thriller "Shadow Runner." The star is currently working on "In the Heart of the Sea" with "Rush" directed Ron Howard, and he is expecting his second child with wife Elsa Pataky.
For now there is no slowing down for Chris when big offers and coveted roles are kept landing in his lap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6