Liam Hemsworth as Thor? Chris Hemsworth Explains How He Almost Lost the Coveted Role
By Riza Ornos | January 8, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Can you imagine anyone as Thor other than Chris Hemsworth? Or Liam Hemsworth as Thor? "Thor: The Dark World" star Chris Hemsworth explain how he almost lost the role to his brother Liam Hemsworth when they auditioned for the part.
"I auditioned for 'Thor,' and I didn't get called back," Chris Hemsworth admits to an interview with W magazine. "I was intimidated by the director, Kenneth Branagh. To me, he is Shakespeare. My brother, Liam, was luckier. He was one of the final five guys up for the part."
Luckily none of the top final 5 guys was right for the role and that's the time that Chris' manager suggested Chris for the role. "My manager said, 'If you liked Liam, maybe you'll also like his older brother.' This time, I was pissed off. I didn't care about Shakespeare anymore; swagger got me the part," he added.
The 30-year-old Australian actor gained his mainstream popularity when he was casted for the coveted role and after the successful stint for "Thor" the actor was casted in a big budget hero film "The Avengers" where he reprises his role as Thor.
The Hollywood hunk is now a household name and "Thor's" second installment "Thor: The Dark World" has earned a total of $630,449,204 and surpassed its predecessor within 19 days of release. The movie is the third highest-grossing film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
While promoting "Thor: The Dark World," Chris was contracted for another "Thor" film and two more "Avengers" film. There are rumors that he will reprise his role as the huntsman in the second installment of "Snow White and the Huntsman" opposite "Twilight" star Kristin Stewart.
Last year the actor released another high-action film where he played as a race car driver in a Formula 1 movie "Rush." The actor is scheduled to star in the 2014 thriller "Shadow Runner." The star is currently working on "In the Heart of the Sea" with "Rush" directed Ron Howard, and he is expecting his second child with wife Elsa Pataky.
For now there is no slowing down for Chris when big offers and coveted roles are kept landing in his lap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date