CES 2014: Sony Xperia Z1 Compact Goes Deeper Than Its Big Sister Xperia Z1
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | January 8, 2014 6:23 PM EST
Sony presented Xperia Z1's small but capable little sister Xperia Z1 Compact can definitely dip deeper into the water than its big sister.
Xperia Z1 Compact has the same slick body as Xperia Z1. It is definitely more pocket-friendly with a 5 x 2.56 x 0.37-inch dimension and weighs 137 grams. Xperia Z1 is 5.67 x 2.91 x 0.33-inch in dimension and weighs 170 grams. Xperia Z1 Compact also has a waterproof body and can go down deeper than its bigger sister for up to 4.9 feet underwater for 30 minutes.
Screen And Display
Xperia Z1 has a 5-inch screen with 441 pixels per inch. It has a better contrast and color reproduction compared to Xperia Z1 Compact. Xperia Z1 Compact, on the other hand, has a 4.3-inch screen and full-HD resolution of 720 x 1, 280 pixels with pixel density of 342 pixels per inch.
While Xperia Z1 is powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core processor along with 2 GB of RAM, Xperia Z1 only has a slightly inferior 2.2GHz quad-core processor, also with 2GB of RAM. Both smartphones run on an Android Jelly Bean platform.
Both Sony Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z1 compact have a 20.7 megapixel camera. Among the smartphones in the market today, Sony's line gives a better than average images. The camera comes with the basic autofocus, LED flash and features such as geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, image stabilization, HDR and panorama.
Unfortunately, Sony opted for a more inferior 2, 300 mAh battery for the Xperia Z1 Compact. Given the power hungry Android platform and quadcore processor, expect Xperia Z1 Compact to give less battery life than its big sister which sports a 3,000 mAh battery.
The price range for Xperia Z1 is $549-$834 in Australia. There is no announcement yet as to Xperia Z1 Compact's price but we are hoping for a lower price. Sony had announced that Xperia Z1 Compact will be available February 2014.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is a decent smartphone given that it is smaller in size but has almost identical specs as Xperia Z1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles