PM Expects 5 Percent Economic Growth in 2013/14
January 8, 2014 5:51 PM EST
India's economic growth in the current fiscal year will likely remain flat at 5 percent, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addresses the 68th United Nations General Assembly at U.N. headquarters in New York, September 28, 2013
Singh's forecast is more optimistic than those of several private economists, who are predicting growth in the year to March 2014 to slip below 5 percent.
Pace of economic expansion in Asia's third largest economy hit a decade-low of 5 percent in the last fiscal year.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy