PM Expects 5 Percent Economic Growth in 2013/14
January 8, 2014 5:51 PM EST
India's economic growth in the current fiscal year will likely remain flat at 5 percent, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh addresses the 68th United Nations General Assembly at U.N. headquarters in New York, September 28, 2013
Singh's forecast is more optimistic than those of several private economists, who are predicting growth in the year to March 2014 to slip below 5 percent.
Pace of economic expansion in Asia's third largest economy hit a decade-low of 5 percent in the last fiscal year.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- China Military PLA Drills Affect Flights, Hundreds Cancelled
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: EU Feared Won't Ever Enforce Sanctions on Russia; All Talk, No Force
- U.S. Flights to Israel Now Lifted, Flights To and From Tel Aviv Resume – FAA
- Reserve Bank of New Zealand Raises Interest Rates Due to 'Unsustainable' Kiwi
- Embattled Malaysia Airlines Could Run Out of Cash 2015; Diverts Plane Over Another War Zone After MH17 Crash
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown