New Android v4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware Build gets Certified for Sony Xperia SP, T, V Models: Report
By Rohit KVN | January 8, 2014 5:47 PM EST
Sony's mid-range smartphones Xperia SP, V, T may soon get the taste of new Jelly Bean flavor later this month.
Sony Wireless Charging Technology Under Works
These three Sony handsets were supposed to get updated to Android v4.3 Jelly Bean by December 2013, but due to some internal problems (probably bugs), the firmware release was delayed. Now, new build versions -12.1.A.0.256 for Xperia SP and another - 9.2.A.0.278 for Xperia T (LT30p & LT30a) and V (LT25i) have been certified by the PTCRB, a forum of northern American cellular operators, reported Xperia Blog.
With new software being certified, Sony is expected to roll out the new OS update in couple of week's time.
Once released, Xperia SP, T, V owners can enjoy the performance enhancements courtesy project butter (new), UI customization, enhanced camera apps, refreshed music app WALKMAN (probably with Sony entertainment network cloud service integration), improved messaging feature, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, Track id, Sony Select, new custom UI - Xperia Themes, smoother graphics, new version of 'Battery STAMINA Mode' for prolonging battery life and more.
Other expected enhancements from Android v4.3 Jelly Bean OS include:
Keyboard and input: With an improved algorithm for Keyboard, tap- typing text messaging becomes less cumbersome also enhance gamepad as well.
Dial Pad: Refreshed auto-complete feature will predict more accurate phone-numbers and names. If users are not impressed, they have the option to disable the feature at phone settings.
Location: Feature will enable the phone to automatically detect the Wi-Fi hot-spots without turning on the Wi-Fi mode all the time.
Settings: New tab is introduced to let users check which applications are active or disabled.
Restricted Access: Once updated with 4.3 Jelly Bean, users can create profiles for guest user with restricted access to apps, and other contents as well as separate widgets and local storage.
Daydream: This new feature will enable user to browse through the photos via easily accessible albums.
Language support: More dialects are included in the new v4.3 Jelly Bean OS including Hindi.
Graphics: v4.3 will now allow devices to support 'Open GL ES v3.0' graphics.
Network: Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) support will make smartphone to use less power while transferring data between devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013