Priyanka Chopra, Shah Rukh Khan Continue to Act Cold, Avoid Each other at Dabboo Ratnani’s Event
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 8, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Looks like Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra's friendship has taken a turn for the worst as the stars were seen avoiding each other at a recent event.
Priyanka Chopra Unveils Special 3D Trophy at Filmfare Press Conference [Varinder Chawla]
The Bollywood A-listers turned up at ace photographer Dabboo Ratnani's event, but looked uncomfortable in each other's presence. Instead of exchanging pleasantries, the duo chose to avoid each other.
The strained relationship between Priyanka and Shahrukh is known to all, after the superstar's wife Gauri stepped in when rumours of her husband and Priyanka's affair were rife during "Don 2."
Shahrukh and Priyanka were close buddies once and the actress was seen blushing in the superstar's presence in one of the episodes of talk show "Koffee with Karan."
Even though the friendship turned sour, the "Chennai Express" actor was also seen consoling the actress last year when her father passed away. Shahrukh gave Priyanka a shoulder to cry on in the presence of the media and film fraternity, but Gauri was nowhere to be seen.
On 6 January during the Filmfare press conference, Priyanka was asked if she was comfortable romancing Shahrukh onscreen. "I can romance anybody, why just him... That is my job," the diva retorted, according to PTI.
Priyanka will host the awards ceremony for the first time with her "Barfi!" co-star Ranbir Kapoor. "Shah Rukh, Saif, Ranbir, Imran, so many people have hosted the show and they have always set the standard. So, it becomes little scary and there is a pressure. Logically, the pressure applies on Ranbir. But I have been working very hard to make sure it will be lot of fun," she said, adding that actress Vidya Balan would be the ideal co-host. "I think Vidya is spontaneous and she is lot of fun," she added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2