Priyanka Chopra, Shah Rukh Khan Continue to Act Cold, Avoid Each other at Dabboo Ratnani’s Event
By Arijita Bhowmik | January 8, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Looks like Shah Rukh Khan and Priyanka Chopra's friendship has taken a turn for the worst as the stars were seen avoiding each other at a recent event.
Priyanka Chopra Unveils Special 3D Trophy at Filmfare Press Conference [Varinder Chawla]
The Bollywood A-listers turned up at ace photographer Dabboo Ratnani's event, but looked uncomfortable in each other's presence. Instead of exchanging pleasantries, the duo chose to avoid each other.
The strained relationship between Priyanka and Shahrukh is known to all, after the superstar's wife Gauri stepped in when rumours of her husband and Priyanka's affair were rife during "Don 2."
Shahrukh and Priyanka were close buddies once and the actress was seen blushing in the superstar's presence in one of the episodes of talk show "Koffee with Karan."
Even though the friendship turned sour, the "Chennai Express" actor was also seen consoling the actress last year when her father passed away. Shahrukh gave Priyanka a shoulder to cry on in the presence of the media and film fraternity, but Gauri was nowhere to be seen.
On 6 January during the Filmfare press conference, Priyanka was asked if she was comfortable romancing Shahrukh onscreen. "I can romance anybody, why just him... That is my job," the diva retorted, according to PTI.
Priyanka will host the awards ceremony for the first time with her "Barfi!" co-star Ranbir Kapoor. "Shah Rukh, Saif, Ranbir, Imran, so many people have hosted the show and they have always set the standard. So, it becomes little scary and there is a pressure. Logically, the pressure applies on Ranbir. But I have been working very hard to make sure it will be lot of fun," she said, adding that actress Vidya Balan would be the ideal co-host. "I think Vidya is spontaneous and she is lot of fun," she added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon