CES 2014: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Tablet Announced Ahead Of the iPad Pro
By Karla Danica Figuerres | January 8, 2014 5:12 PM EST
It appears that tablets, like smartphones are trending toward larger screens as Samsung just introduced the largest Android Galaxy tablet in the market called Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. The tablet is rolled out alongside the Tab Pro 12.2 at the CES. The Note Pro features S Pen functionality similar to the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and the Galaxy Note 3. The device which will be available in LTE, 3G and WiFi variants is expected to launch Q1 worldwide.
Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Specs And Features
The size and weight of the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 is notably different compared to the 10.1-inch version of the Samsung tablet. Although the bezel is trimmed down, portability is not the best feature of the 12.2-inch tablet. The tablet which weighs 753 grams is built as a coffee table device or tablet for presentations and conferences in the office.
The larger tablet comes with a larger battery with 9500 mAh, "super clear" WQXGA LCD panel, dual-band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO, 8MP sensor rear camera and 2MP sensor front camera, USB 3.0, Bluetooth 4.0 and IR support. The LTE version promises a quad-band HSPA+ with 21Mbps max speed.
The Note Pro 12.2 is on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS but instead of the standard TouchWiz home screen, it features a new UI called Magazine UX consisting of three customizable screen panels: office, personal and social networks and media. It is pretty much like the My Magazine feature of the Note 10.1 2014 but the number of screens is streamlined and one is assigned as the default screen that pops up in Home.
Samsung maximized the extra screen space of this tablet with the multi-Window tablet allowing users to simultaneously manage up to four tasks on top of the ability of the device to add pop-up windows.
Another major firmware improvement that this humungous tablet boasts is the remote PC that allows users to access PC or Mac remotely. A new UI allows users to drag and drop files between the Note Pro and Mac, which is pretty useful for productivity when users are away from their computers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James