2 Broke Girls Guide to Surviving People's Choice Hosting Duties
By Riza Ornos | January 8, 2014 4:49 PM EST
"2 Broke Girls" co-stars Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs are prepping to take center stage on the 40th edition of the People's Choice Awards on Wednesday at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on CBS. The two on-screen and off-screen BFF's are both excited for the hosting gig, but at the same time, a little bit scared for their big role on the annual event.
Like they say, there's always a first time for everything, and the two stars are going to make their debut on Jan 8 as awards show hosts. "I don't know how I feel. I'm excited. I'm a little scared," says the 27-year-old Dennings.
"I've presented with Beth at awards shows, but we've never hosted. Michael Patrick King is writing all of our stuff for the actual awards show and he's such a brilliant mind. He gave us a little taste of some of the stuff we're going to be doing. He's so funny," she added.
"I feel the same way. I feel like it's a little different because it's me and Kat up there, as opposed to a character. It's a whole different kind of thing. You can't hide behind someone else. At least we have each other, or else I'd be way more nervous," Beth Behrs said when asked how she feels about the hosting job.
Here's the '2 Broke Girls' Guide to Surviving People's Choice Hosting Duties:
1. Don't throw up on stage.
2. Don't make fun of anybody. Since it's their first time as host its best to make fun of themselves rather than anybody.
3. Gain influence from another famous BFF hosting pair. The two 2014 People's Choice Awards hosts are getting some valuable hosting tips from BFF Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.
4. Meditate to calm the nerves.
5. Eat before the big show. Opposite of what others previous hosts are doing, the girls are planning to eat or they will pass out from nervousness.
"I feel like we have to eat, otherwise we'll pass out," Behrs says. "If I have low blood sugar, I won't be able to be funny," she added.
"You have to eat. It's almost like being an athlete. If you have nothing in your system, you're just going to start slowly crashing and burning," Denning adds.
The "2 Broke Girls" stars plans to spend their money on champagne and not on the preparation of the show. "We'll be spending money on lots of champagne for afterwards to celebrate," says Beth Behrs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]