'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Watch the Released Mid-Season Promo Video Featuring Crowley Facing Arch-Rival Abaddon and the Return of Garth
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 8, 2014 4:44 PM EST
While waiting for the return of "Supernatural" Season 9, the CW network released a mid-season promo video to tease and excite the fans. The brief preview promises more action, trouble and re-appearances of "Supernatural" characters.
The Hypable report points out that the most notable and funny part in the promo video is the much anticipated return of hunter Garth Fitzgerald (DJ Qualls). The actor was last seen portraying the character in Season 8 and has only been mentioned in the other episodes.
In the teaser video, Garth wakes up in a hospital bed and asked in panic if he is already in heaven. Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles) tells Garth to take it easy and inform that he is currently in Wisconsin. Garth's return will finally answer the viewers' burning questions of what Garth has been doing and where during his hiatus from the CW TV series or what happened to him that caused him to end up in a hospital.
Another familiar face appearing in the promo video is Abaddon (Alaina Huffman) who looks determined to take the throne from Crowley (Mark Sheppard). The King of Hell can be seen in the promo video finally facing his arch-rival as the red-haired demon directly tells him the line: "Hell doesn't want you, Crowley."
The spoilers for upcoming episodes reveal Crowley will have Dean's back in finding the weapon that can kill Abaddon after the older Winchester brother agreed to have a deal with the demon in order to save his brother, Sam (Jared Padalecki). Dean Winchester is currently in a predicament since the angel possessing his brother is not Ezekiel (Tahmoh Penikett) but Gadreel, an angel that Metatron (Curtis Armstrong) recruited.
The "Supernatural" Season 9 upcoming episodes promo video also teased about Sam Winchester feeling the need to set things right. It looks like Crowley, who has the ability to eject the angel possessing Sam, succeeded.
"Supernatural" Season 9 returns with Episode 10 titled "Road Trip" on Tuesday night, January 14, at 9 p.m. ET on the CW network. The episode's synopsis reads: "Dean (Jensen Ackles) is devastated after Kevin's death and vows to find the angel that killed him, not only to free Sam (Jared Padalecki), but to seek revenge. Castiel (Misha Collins) arrives at the bunker and suggests they try to separate Sam's brain from the angel's so they can talk to Sam and have him expel Gadreel. However, there's one small problem: the only person who knows how to do that is Crowley (Mark Sheppard)."
More Articles to Read:
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Dean Makes Another Desperate Deal with Crowley to Save Sam, Synopsis For Episode 11 'First Born' Revealed - [READ]
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Title Changes for Upcoming Episodes and Synopsis for Episode 10 'Road Trip' Revealed - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage