Samsung Galaxy S3 Users Complain About SD Card, Contacts Lag and Multiview: How to Fix
By Precious Silva | January 8, 2014 4:31 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 offers great functionality and user experience. However, just like other devices, users come across a range of problems when using the handset. For Samsung Galaxy S3 users, some of these problems include contacts lag, mutliview functions and SD card. Fortunately, people can address these issues with the right steps.
Models hold a Samsung 'Galaxy S3 mini' (R) phone and a 'Galaxy S3' phone during the mini's world premiere in Frankfurt October 11, 2012.
Enabling Multi-Window/Multiview Feature on S3
Before enabling the feature, users must check whether their device runs on Android 4.1.2 or higher. To check, go to the About Device section. Open Settings and the option should be there. If the operating system is lower users must update first.
After installing the right operating system, users should go back to Home Screen. Access the Menu section and go to Settings. Open Display and enable Multi-Window.
SD Card Not Working
SD card is also one of the main problems among Samsung Galaxy S3 users. Before replacing the SD card entirely, it is best to try the following steps below:
1. Insert SD card to computer.
2. Open Start.
3. Go to Run.
4. Input: cmd.exe. Press Enter.
5. Following that wait for the command prompt and type the following: chkdsk /X /F X. The last letter or X refers to the drive letter which the disk is assigned to. This means if the SD card is located in "X" then users must use that letter. However, if there is another letter assigned then input whichever letter it was designated.
Contacts List Taking a While to Open
There are also users who expressed having problems opening the Contacts List of their Samsung Galaxy S3. Initially, they should check the internal memory. If the memory is full then chances are the handset will lag. Users should leave a minimum of 150MB free to ensure smooth operations. If this does not work, users should go to Settings then Storage. Choose the Cached Data option. Select Ok to confirm.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a great device for people looking for a multifunctional device. It features Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density). It runs on Android OS, v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), upgradeable to 4.3 (Jelly Bean), Exynos 4412 Quad and Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899