Sony Xperia Z2 aka Sirius Smartphone, Castor Tablet PC Tipped to Debut at MWC 2014: Report
By Rohit KVN | January 8, 2014 4:29 PM EST
Japanese technology giant, Sony is reportedly planning to launch the company's rumoured 2014 flagship smartphone Xperia Z2 aka Sirius as well as a tablet PC 'Castor' next month.
A customer and a clerk talk near Sony Corp's logo at an electronics store in Tokyo, October 31, 2013. Sony Corp cut its full-year profit targets and posted a net loss for the September quarter as its struggling TV operation fell back into the red, highlighting the difficulties it faces restoring its electronic hardware operation to profit.
The news was revealed by the popular tipster @evleaks, which claims that Xperia Z2 would be unveiled at the consumer electronics trade fair MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2014 in February. The tipster also revealed that the Sony flagship phone would boast of a 5.2-inch display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974AB (800 series)chipset and probably head first to US network carrier Verizon soon after its launch.
The twitter sensation also added that Sony might also pull the wraps pff the successor of 2013 tablet Xperia Tablet Z, codenamed 'Castor' at the same event next month. The smart device is also said to feature 4G network support, Wi-Fi and house a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 series chipset MSM8974B, an upgrade from 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro seen inside its predecessor.
"Sony Castor: an MSM8974AB-powered tablet, in 4G and Wi-Fi flavors." He tweeted.
While the report is enough to excite Sony fans, the speculated Xperia Z2 might not be the company's 2014 marquee device, as Japanese firm itself reiterated through a new year's eve message (via official Sony Mobile Blog) to fans that Sony intends to carry on Xperia Z1 (launched in September 2013) as their flagship model in to the new year. Hence, it appears that the brand might wait for the Xperia Z1 to complete its one year cycle before deciding to launch the new generation device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists