Jennifer Lawrence Explains Reason Behind Her Infamous Oscar Trip
By Jesselle Maminta | January 8, 2014 4:09 PM EST
What was on Jennifer Lawrence's mind when she tripped on the stairs on her way to the Oscars stage?
The American Hustle actress was one of the featured artists in W magazine's Movie issue. She posed for a cover photo wearing a floral print high-waist bikini by Dolce and Gabbana.
In an interview with the magazine, Lawrence shared what she was thinking minutes before her name was called as Best Actress in the Academy Awards.
"I was at the Oscars, waiting to hear if my name was called, and I kept thinking, Cakewalk, cakewalk, cakewalk. I thought, Why is 'cakewalk' stuck in my head?" Lawrence recalls.
"And then, as I started to walk up the stairs and the fabric from my dress tucked under my feet, I realized my stylist had told me, 'Kick, walk, kick, walk."
"You are supposed to kick the dress out while you walk, and I totally forgot because I was thinking about cake! And that's why I fell."
Late last year, Lawrence also shared to InStyle a bit about that incident, and repeating that same 'stair trip' a few times over.
Lawrence is known for her humorous bits in almost all of her interviews. For instance, during the Oscars last year, she quipped about arriving at the venue starving and craving for McDonalds' french fries.
"I'm seeing you talk, and all I'm thinking about is me pissed that I didn't get fries," Lawrence told Josh Horowitz.
W magazine's Movie issue featured five more actors, each having his own cover photo. It includes Lawrence's co-stars Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Lupita Nyong-O of 12 Years a Slave, Oprah Winfrey of The Butler and Matthew McConaughey of Dallas Buyers Club.
Lawrence will be one of the presenters for the Golden Globe awards happening on Sunday, Jan. 12, Pacific Time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles