Anderson Silva's Camp Wants a Super Fight with George's St. Pierre after Recovery
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 8, 2014 4:08 PM EST
For Anderson Silva, it is going to be a long road to recovery but his camp is already musing about a super fight against Georges St. Pierre.
At this time, Silva is recovering from the broken leg injury he sustained during the UFC 168 main event fight against Chris Weidman. Silva's recovery is going well than what everyone has expected according to his managers, Jorge Guimaraes and Ed Soares, as reported by USA Today.
MMA: UFC 168-Weidman vs Silva
In fact, Silva's recovery is so impressive that his managers are already thinking of the next opponent that the Brazilian mixed martial artist should fight next. Guimaraes and Soares aren't thinking about Weidman. Not at all! Instead, they are contemplating about having Silva fight Georges St. Pierre, who has recently stepped away from UFC and gave his belt to attend to some personal issues.
"Don't you think that's an option," said Guimaraes.
Soares agrees with Guimaraes and he thinks it is an awesome idea. "Man, if we were able to pull something like that off," Soares said. "It would be a win-win for everybody, the fans, the UFC," he added.
This wouldn't be the first time that the super fight between Silva and St. Pierre has been discussed. In July 2013, UFC President Dana White has been blasted by requests to put up a Silva-St. Pierre super fight. However, White is certain that St. Pierre is not interested to make the fight happen. What is more, now that St. Pierre has taken an indefinite leave of absence from the octagon ring, the chance of a fight between Silva and St. Pierre is just not likely going to happen any time soon.
Silva's Road to Recovery
Silva's recovery is going well. Guimaraes said that Silva is expected to start his therapy in the coming week as soon as the stitches from his leg are removed. Silva is reportedly walking around using crutches.
"He's already moving his toes," said Guimaraes. "I feel that positive vibe on him, and that's what makes me believe he's going to come back even stronger," he added.
Following his freak leg injury, Silva has undergone orthopedic surgery. His surgeon revealed that he can start training again in three to six months' time.
On Jan. 6, Silva posted a picture on his official Instagram account where he seems to be doing some rehabilitation treatment. "Thank you for all your support, I will be good, I promise you, I will," he wrote in Brazilian language as the photo's caption.
We wish Silva the best of luck for his recovery.
MORE UFC NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown