Samsung Galaxy S3 vs. Galaxy S4 Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | January 8, 2014 4:03 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Galaxy S4 Mini, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm dimensions and weighs 133 grams. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with 124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 107 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset. It comes in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy S4 Mini is equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core krait processor and Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android platform. The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes loaded with the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, which can be upgraded to the Jelly Bean version. The device has 1 GB of RAM. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes loaded with the Jelly Bean operating system and has 1.5 GB of RAM.
Both the devices sport an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on both the devices is 1.9 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 comes with a Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 11 hours and 40 minutes on 3G. The Galaxy S4 Mini comes with a Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy S3 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $439.95 and the 32 GB variant is priced at around AU $459.95. The Galaxy S4 Mini is priced at around AU $429.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
'Paranormal Activity' 5 Opens with Over $18 Million Collection - Plot and Release Date in Australia [Watch Trailer] [Read]
5 Reasons Why 'Dracula' TV Series May be Cancelled [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Why Gregor 'the Mountain' Clegane is Important this Time [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build