iPhone 6 Features Housed In An Ultra-Slim Body - Report
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 8, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Concept-Phones/Ran Avni & Hass
Rumours are rife that Apple is toying with the idea of a phablet-size iPhone 6 and it has an edgy design on release date. Yet a new concept of the device refuses to just ditch the revered iPhone profile.
The iPhone 5S measures 7.6 millimeters while the iPhone 5C measures 8.97 millimeters. This coincides with the rumor that the next iPhone may adopt iPad Air's best feature, which is the thinnest tablet developed.
In contrast, the report added the iPhone 6 may become heavier due to the adoption of metal equipment. There are reports that iPhone 6 will make full use of Liquidmetal on its casing and screen display. Apple used Liquidmetal before but in very minimal quantity.
The Korean publication also agreed the smartphone will be released in September. Current rumors said the full-fledged iPhone 6 and the successor of iPhone 5S will arrive in September, a year after the iPhone 5S and 5C were introduced.
However, a recent report from Yahoo! Japan said an iPhone phablet starting a new smartphone line will be released in May. The report added the phablet will come with 5.7-inch or bigger screen display but will not feature the upcoming A8 processor. But it will be powered by iPhone 5S' 64-bit A7 processor. This was supported by a report from C Technology which cited two Foxconn insiders who tipped that two iPhones are coming this year.
These rumors should be treated as a grain of salt until Apple confirmed the iPhone 6 official specs and features. The company remained hushed on the ongoing rumors but the alleged two new iPhones may be part of Apple's "big plans" this year hinted by company's CEO Tim Cook in his letter to the employees.
Meanwhile, A8 processor and iOS 8 are some of the rumored features of the next iPhone. The TouchID fingerprint sensor will be improved with additional features and capabilities. Apple patents suggested iPhone 6 will pack curved or flexible screen embedded by durable material called Liquidmetal and reinforced by Sapphire glass covering, a refocusable light camera, an improved Siri and gestures control.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change