Anna Wintour Attends Girls Season Premiere, Will Lena Dunham Score a Vogue Cover?
By Jesselle Maminta | January 8, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Anna Wintour was recently spotted at the season premiere of Girls, but does that mean one of the girls will finally get a Vogue cover? (We're talking to you, Lena Dunham!)
The answer is an astounding YES!
The famed Vogue editor-at-large walked the red carpet the season three premiere of Girls in New York City wearing a colorful fur coat by Prada. She was joined by her daugher Bee Shaffer, who is an avid fan of the HBO series.
Wintour was being friendly with all the cast member, giving a kiss and a hug to Alison Williams and posing with Lena Dunham in a photo-op.
After that, a bevy of fashion celebrities followed, including designers Zac Posen and Rebecca Minkoff and J Crew head Jenna Lyon, who also appears in an episode of the new season as the boss of Dunham's character Hannah.
With Wintour in attendance at the event, rumors of a possible Vogue cover for Dunham began to recirculate. The rumors first surfaced when she held an intimate dinner party with Lena back in Oct.
"Anna is trying to seduce Lena into bringing her next-generation audience into the Vogue brand," an insider told Radar Online.
The Daily Mail confirms from an insider that Dunham is indeed getting her own Vogue cover by way of the Feb issue that will come out in newsstands on Jan 22. However, a Vogue representative refuses to comment on the matter.
It's as if Wintour attended the Girls event to seal the deal with Dunham.
Dunham and the rest of the Girls cast were previously featured in Vogue -- one in a feature article two years ago and another in a photo shoot last year.
Girls follows the lives of four twenty-something ladies as they go through struggles and triumphs, all while sharing an apartment in Brooklyn, New York.
The third season of Girls will premiere with back-to-back episodes on Jan. 12 in the US over at HBO, and on Jan. 13 in Australia via Showcase.
Here's the full trailer of Girls season three:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown