Anna Wintour Attends Girls Season Premiere, Will Lena Dunham Score a Vogue Cover?
By Jesselle Maminta | January 8, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Anna Wintour was recently spotted at the season premiere of Girls, but does that mean one of the girls will finally get a Vogue cover? (We're talking to you, Lena Dunham!)
The answer is an astounding YES!
The famed Vogue editor-at-large walked the red carpet the season three premiere of Girls in New York City wearing a colorful fur coat by Prada. She was joined by her daugher Bee Shaffer, who is an avid fan of the HBO series.
Wintour was being friendly with all the cast member, giving a kiss and a hug to Alison Williams and posing with Lena Dunham in a photo-op.
After that, a bevy of fashion celebrities followed, including designers Zac Posen and Rebecca Minkoff and J Crew head Jenna Lyon, who also appears in an episode of the new season as the boss of Dunham's character Hannah.
With Wintour in attendance at the event, rumors of a possible Vogue cover for Dunham began to recirculate. The rumors first surfaced when she held an intimate dinner party with Lena back in Oct.
"Anna is trying to seduce Lena into bringing her next-generation audience into the Vogue brand," an insider told Radar Online.
The Daily Mail confirms from an insider that Dunham is indeed getting her own Vogue cover by way of the Feb issue that will come out in newsstands on Jan 22. However, a Vogue representative refuses to comment on the matter.
It's as if Wintour attended the Girls event to seal the deal with Dunham.
Dunham and the rest of the Girls cast were previously featured in Vogue -- one in a feature article two years ago and another in a photo shoot last year.
Girls follows the lives of four twenty-something ladies as they go through struggles and triumphs, all while sharing an apartment in Brooklyn, New York.
The third season of Girls will premiere with back-to-back episodes on Jan. 12 in the US over at HBO, and on Jan. 13 in Australia via Showcase.
Here's the full trailer of Girls season three:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown