Latest HTC One 2/HTC One+ Concept Image Visualizes Leaked Specs, Features
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 8, 2014 3:14 PM EST
After designing Samsung Galaxy S5 and Note 4 renders based on leaked patents, artist Jermaine Smit created an HTC One 2 or HTC One+ concept image based on leaked features.
The latest render packs a 5-inch Full HD screen display that is quite different from its predecessor, as the HTC One is longer but the HTC One+ is a bit wider. The screen size was also increased by making bezels smaller. The handset has an aluminium casing and comes in a splash of blue flavour.
Two dark bands at the top and bottom of the imagined smartphone is reminiscent of BoomSound speakers. Capacitive buttons were also kept where they are supposed to be. The render is less rounded than its predecessor.
Reliable tipster @evleaks revealed in a tweet some of the specs and features of the upcoming HTC One+. The handset may not pack the latest flagship Qualcomm processor, Snapdragon 805, on board unlike what previous rumours suggested. The tip did not specify how many ultrapixels the handset will pack.
Meanwhile, new reports claimed that HTC One 2 may not be the name of the successor of HTC One. Android Origin reports that an XDA member named Mike1986 has claimed that the HTC M8 is, indeed, a sequel to the original One and the Taiwanese manufacturer will market the device globally as HTC One+.
The said XDA member disclosed the details regarding the specs and features of HTC One+ such as 5-inch 1,080p Gorilla Glass 3 screen, a Qualcomm-made Snapdragon 805 processor, 2 GB of LPDDR3 RAM, 6 or 8 MP UltraPixel camera with double lens, a 2.1 MP front camera, a huge battery tank of 2,900 mAh, a microSD card slot and NFC. The latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS and HTC Sense 6.0 are also some of the expected features of the handset.
Reports are circulating that the HTC One+ release date could potentially be during the Mobile World Congress next month. The basis for these reports seem to be the fact that the HTC One was also announced at last year's MWC tech event. There is a very high expectation on the successor of HTC One after the first generation of the smartphone received various recognitions for being one of the best smartphones of 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation