Xbox One News: Halo Coming in 2014; 1 Game Delayed, 1 Canceled; 3 Million Sales Shrugged Off by Gabe Newell
By Gel Galang | January 8, 2014 3:13 PM EST
After the long wait for the next Halo game, which is supposedly slated to come out for the Xbox One, it was finally confirmed that 2014 will be the year that the Halo journey will continue.
Quoting Rob Semsey, senior PR manager for the Halo and Forza Motorsport franchises, Metro UK spotted a tweet that gives Halo fans hope for 2014. 'Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm."
Here's where the speculation can begin. At the Xbox Wire, Microsoft capped off 2013 with a recap of the expected games for the Xbox One. among these include Titanfall, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Destiny, Sunset Overdrive, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, The Elder Scrolls Online, Project Spark, and The Division.
The games are said to be coming in 2014 (save The Division if a particular source is to be trusted), but the Halo game coming to Xbox One is not named in the list. However, with the recent tweet from Semsey, it seems that the only reason why Halo is not listed is that it may not be the official title as of yet.
Whether or not it will follow the numbered sequence of the game, be a spin-off game, or just be a reboot of the title is yet to be seen.
*Project Spark is making big headway when it comes to the games that have been created by gamers. Check out some of the games from the beta here.
The Division and MLB 2K updates
The upcoming PS4 and Xbox One title The Division is said to be delayed back until 2015, at least according to an anonymous source who's also a Ubisoft employee.
Now Gamer reports that, according to the source, the production of the game has barely begun even though the game engine already works.
"The fact that Ubisoft issued a 2014 release date seems laughable if I'll be completely honest, we will never have time to release The Division this year. This is a big project, we have very far to go," said the anonymous source in the interview.
Ubisoft has not yet commented on the comment of the anonymous tipster, but given the pace that Ubisoft is going with its other games, like 2013's much-anticipated Watch Dogs now aiming for a spring debut in 2014, it won't be a surprise, especially with the lack of details about The Division this far in the game.
*More information has been obtained about the 3 previously hacked Legendaries of Pokemon X and Y: Read here for the details.
Followers of the MLB 2K game may also be disappointed to learn that Take-Two Interactive's 2K Sports will be ending the franchise for this particular game.
CNet reports that what started out as 2K Sports thinking of moving away from the project has finally been confirmed as the end of the MLB 2K series, with no plans of renewing for 2014.
The report adds that this leaves Xbox gamers with no baseball simulation game, since Sony will now be managing the publisher license with MLB teams and players.
*Take your pick from these Steam Machines that debuted at the CES 2014. Is there one that gets your fancy? Check out the Steam Machines here.
Xbox One belittled by Valve's Newell?
Now that Steam Machines from Valve are making headway progress and creating waves at the CES 2014, it seems that Valve founder Gabe Newell is very confident of how these devices will perform against the next-gen consoles like Xbox One and PS4.
VG 24/7 reports that, at the CES 2014 Q&A session, Newell had been asked what it thought about the achievement of the Xbox One for its year-end unit count of 3 million units sold.
"Well, it'd take a while for them to catch up. I mean, we're at 65 million," said Newell pertaining to the numbers of users who are on Steam.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family