Vijay Rocks in Action-Packed 'Jilla' Trailer
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 8, 2014 2:57 PM EST
The much-awaited, official trailer of Vijay's "Jilla" has been released on the internet. [Also Read: Advance Booking for "Jilla", "Veeram" Gets Fantastic Response]
Vijay and Mohanlal in "Jilla" (Official Facebook/Jilla)
Vijay rocks in yet another action-packed video, which showcases a lot of stunt sequences performed by the actor. Looking at the trailer, one can be assured that "Jilla" will be mass entertainer with all commercial elements - action, comedy, romance and punch dialogues. While the trailer is sure to impress Vijay fans,Mohanlal fans might be a little disappointed as there are no dialogues of the Malayalam superstar in the trailer.
While the first three teasers of "Jilla" had only Vijay and Mohanlal, the latest trailer gives us a glimpse of other actors including Kajal Aggarwal, Poornima Bhayaraj, Mahat Raghavendra, Soori, Sampath Raj and Vidyulekha Raman. The trailer will not only increase the expectations of fans, but with just two days to pass, it is sure to boost advance booking for the film.
Directed by RT Neason, "Jilla" is an action-packed, mass film set in the backdrop of a village. The main highlights of the film are a good storyline, bonding between Mohanlal and Vijay (the duo appear as father and son), comedy and music composed by Imman. There are eight tracks in the film including five songs, two karaoke tracks and one theme song. All the songs have turned out to be big hits and watching them on the screen will be a visual treat for the fans.
Film's director RT Neason says that "Jilla" will be a complete entertainer for the mass audience. "'Jilla' is a simple enjoyable movie and I'll advise the audience to come to the theater with a blank frame of mind. You will see scope for Vijay to showcase his acting skills and it is a mass movie on the whole," Neason told Behindwoods.
The Vijay starrer is gearing up for a big release on 10 January. The film might not get bulk screens as Ajith's "Veeram" is also releasing on the same day. However, theatre owners are reportedly working towards allotting enough number of screens for both the films, as Ajith and Vijay have a huge fan base in Tamil Nadu. Details about the Tamil Nadu screen count are yet to be available.
However, the overseas screen count for "Jilla" has been revealed. According to Behindwoods website, "Jilla" will be releasing in 213 theaters across 11 foreign countries. Since Vijay has a good fan following in several key overseas markets, the screen count for the film is likely to increase in the coming days.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools