Lorde Announced As Grammy Awards Performer
By Anne Lu | January 8, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Lorde is going to perform at the Grammy Awards. The 17-year-old Kiwi phenomenon has been announced to take the stage at the prestigious music awards show on January 26.
Ella Yelich-O’Connor, the star’s real name, won’t just be waiting for her name to be called during winners’ announcement. She will also have to prepare to entertainment thousands of live audience at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles and millions of viewers worldwide.
She is nominated for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance for “Royals,” as well as Best Pop Vocal Album for “Pure Heroine.”
— The GRAMMYs (@TheGRAMMYs) January 7, 2014
This is the first time the young artist will be performing on the awarding ceremony. She also performed at the Grammy nominations concert in December.
She has cancelled her appearance at the Auckland leg of the Laneway festival on January 27 to be at the Grammys, but will provide free concert for festival-goers on the 29th to make up for her absence.
Also performing at the Grammys are Katy Perry, Robin Thicke with Chicago, Pharrell Williams, Stevie Wonder with Daft Punk, Metallica with Lang Lang, Nile Rodgers, Kendrick Lamar with Imagine Dragons, Pink and Nate Ruess, and Blake Shelton. Other performers are still expected to be announced soon.
LL Cool J will return as host.
Meanwhile, the Grammys will be releasing the “2014 GRAMMY Nominees” album on January 21 via digital retailers and in stores. Atlantic Records and The Recording Academy’s Grammy Recordings has announced the collaborative LP, offering those who pre-order the album a chance to attend Music’s Biggest Night.
Those who pre-order at the Grammy Web site by January 20 can enter for an opportunity to win a trip for two to the 56th Annual Grammy Awards.
“For more than 20 years we have been creating some incredible editions of the GRAMMY Nominees album, which again represents some of the great songs and talented artists that make up this year’s remarkable nominees,” Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy, said in a statement.
“We thank Atlantic Records for its collaboration on this project, which provides much needed support for the invaluable programs and initiatives our charities produce year-round. We look forward to another successful GRAMMY compilation.”
The “2014 GRAMMY Nominees” album includes tracks nominated in the Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Country Album categories, such as songs by Jason Aldean, Sara Bareilles, James Blake, Daft Punk, Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Bruno Mars, Tim McGraw, Katy Perry, Pink, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, and Pink.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia