Lorde Announced As Grammy Awards Performer
By Anne Lu | January 8, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Lorde is going to perform at the Grammy Awards. The 17-year-old Kiwi phenomenon has been announced to take the stage at the prestigious music awards show on January 26.
Ella Yelich-O’Connor, the star’s real name, won’t just be waiting for her name to be called during winners’ announcement. She will also have to prepare to entertainment thousands of live audience at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles and millions of viewers worldwide.
She is nominated for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance for “Royals,” as well as Best Pop Vocal Album for “Pure Heroine.”
— The GRAMMYs (@TheGRAMMYs) January 7, 2014
This is the first time the young artist will be performing on the awarding ceremony. She also performed at the Grammy nominations concert in December.
She has cancelled her appearance at the Auckland leg of the Laneway festival on January 27 to be at the Grammys, but will provide free concert for festival-goers on the 29th to make up for her absence.
Also performing at the Grammys are Katy Perry, Robin Thicke with Chicago, Pharrell Williams, Stevie Wonder with Daft Punk, Metallica with Lang Lang, Nile Rodgers, Kendrick Lamar with Imagine Dragons, Pink and Nate Ruess, and Blake Shelton. Other performers are still expected to be announced soon.
LL Cool J will return as host.
Meanwhile, the Grammys will be releasing the “2014 GRAMMY Nominees” album on January 21 via digital retailers and in stores. Atlantic Records and The Recording Academy’s Grammy Recordings has announced the collaborative LP, offering those who pre-order the album a chance to attend Music’s Biggest Night.
Those who pre-order at the Grammy Web site by January 20 can enter for an opportunity to win a trip for two to the 56th Annual Grammy Awards.
“For more than 20 years we have been creating some incredible editions of the GRAMMY Nominees album, which again represents some of the great songs and talented artists that make up this year’s remarkable nominees,” Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy, said in a statement.
“We thank Atlantic Records for its collaboration on this project, which provides much needed support for the invaluable programs and initiatives our charities produce year-round. We look forward to another successful GRAMMY compilation.”
The “2014 GRAMMY Nominees” album includes tracks nominated in the Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Country Album categories, such as songs by Jason Aldean, Sara Bareilles, James Blake, Daft Punk, Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Bruno Mars, Tim McGraw, Katy Perry, Pink, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, and Pink.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015