Lorde Announced As Grammy Awards Performer
By Anne Lu | January 8, 2014 2:23 PM EST
Lorde is going to perform at the Grammy Awards. The 17-year-old Kiwi phenomenon has been announced to take the stage at the prestigious music awards show on January 26.
Ella Yelich-O’Connor, the star’s real name, won’t just be waiting for her name to be called during winners’ announcement. She will also have to prepare to entertainment thousands of live audience at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles and millions of viewers worldwide.
She is nominated for Record of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance for “Royals,” as well as Best Pop Vocal Album for “Pure Heroine.”
— The GRAMMYs (@TheGRAMMYs) January 7, 2014
This is the first time the young artist will be performing on the awarding ceremony. She also performed at the Grammy nominations concert in December.
She has cancelled her appearance at the Auckland leg of the Laneway festival on January 27 to be at the Grammys, but will provide free concert for festival-goers on the 29th to make up for her absence.
Also performing at the Grammys are Katy Perry, Robin Thicke with Chicago, Pharrell Williams, Stevie Wonder with Daft Punk, Metallica with Lang Lang, Nile Rodgers, Kendrick Lamar with Imagine Dragons, Pink and Nate Ruess, and Blake Shelton. Other performers are still expected to be announced soon.
LL Cool J will return as host.
Meanwhile, the Grammys will be releasing the “2014 GRAMMY Nominees” album on January 21 via digital retailers and in stores. Atlantic Records and The Recording Academy’s Grammy Recordings has announced the collaborative LP, offering those who pre-order the album a chance to attend Music’s Biggest Night.
Those who pre-order at the Grammy Web site by January 20 can enter for an opportunity to win a trip for two to the 56th Annual Grammy Awards.
“For more than 20 years we have been creating some incredible editions of the GRAMMY Nominees album, which again represents some of the great songs and talented artists that make up this year’s remarkable nominees,” Neil Portnow, President/CEO of The Recording Academy, said in a statement.
“We thank Atlantic Records for its collaboration on this project, which provides much needed support for the invaluable programs and initiatives our charities produce year-round. We look forward to another successful GRAMMY compilation.”
The “2014 GRAMMY Nominees” album includes tracks nominated in the Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best New Artist, Best Pop Solo Performance, and Best Country Album categories, such as songs by Jason Aldean, Sara Bareilles, James Blake, Daft Punk, Imagine Dragons, Kendrick Lamar, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Bruno Mars, Tim McGraw, Katy Perry, Pink, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, and Pink.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Celebs: Struggle With Drug Addiction
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People