Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Step Up Intention to Sign Madrid Forward On Loan
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 8, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Arsenal are looking to step up on their intention to secure Real Madrid attacker Alvaro Morata on loan after recently experiencing unexpected setbacks.
Arsenal are looking to step up on their bid in acquiring Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata on a temporary deal
Everything seemed to fall into place for the Gunners, as far as their attacking third is concerned, weeks ago as Theo Walcott came back from his abdominal injury, reserve forward Nicklas Bendtner found his goalscoring form anew, and Lukas Podolski returned to first-team action after a four-month layoff.
Unfortunately, the celebration of Walcott's awaited comeback was cut short after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury against Tottenham on Saturday that puts him on the sidelines for, at least, 6 months, while Bendtner's twisted his ankle right after scoring a crucial goal against Cardiff City on New Year's day.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger sees a season-long loan deal involving Real's forward Morata to be the perfect solution for his immediate needs.
The officials at the Bernabeu have already made it known to the Gunners that the 21-year-old will not be wearing any other club uniform just yet, but the north London side remains persistent and is keeping the communication lines open with Real, anticipating favourable developments.
Other strikers like Bayern Munich's Mario Mandzukic has been rumoured to be on the Gunners' target list, but, should their long-term targets be unavailable, a temporary move would serve them best.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal