Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Step Up Intention to Sign Madrid Forward On Loan
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 8, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Arsenal are looking to step up on their intention to secure Real Madrid attacker Alvaro Morata on loan after recently experiencing unexpected setbacks.
Arsenal are looking to step up on their bid in acquiring Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata on a temporary deal
Everything seemed to fall into place for the Gunners, as far as their attacking third is concerned, weeks ago as Theo Walcott came back from his abdominal injury, reserve forward Nicklas Bendtner found his goalscoring form anew, and Lukas Podolski returned to first-team action after a four-month layoff.
Unfortunately, the celebration of Walcott's awaited comeback was cut short after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury against Tottenham on Saturday that puts him on the sidelines for, at least, 6 months, while Bendtner's twisted his ankle right after scoring a crucial goal against Cardiff City on New Year's day.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger sees a season-long loan deal involving Real's forward Morata to be the perfect solution for his immediate needs.
The officials at the Bernabeu have already made it known to the Gunners that the 21-year-old will not be wearing any other club uniform just yet, but the north London side remains persistent and is keeping the communication lines open with Real, anticipating favourable developments.
Other strikers like Bayern Munich's Mario Mandzukic has been rumoured to be on the Gunners' target list, but, should their long-term targets be unavailable, a temporary move would serve them best.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales