Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Step Up Intention to Sign Madrid Forward On Loan
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 8, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Arsenal are looking to step up on their intention to secure Real Madrid attacker Alvaro Morata on loan after recently experiencing unexpected setbacks.
Arsenal are looking to step up on their bid in acquiring Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata on a temporary deal
Everything seemed to fall into place for the Gunners, as far as their attacking third is concerned, weeks ago as Theo Walcott came back from his abdominal injury, reserve forward Nicklas Bendtner found his goalscoring form anew, and Lukas Podolski returned to first-team action after a four-month layoff.
Unfortunately, the celebration of Walcott's awaited comeback was cut short after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury against Tottenham on Saturday that puts him on the sidelines for, at least, 6 months, while Bendtner's twisted his ankle right after scoring a crucial goal against Cardiff City on New Year's day.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger sees a season-long loan deal involving Real's forward Morata to be the perfect solution for his immediate needs.
The officials at the Bernabeu have already made it known to the Gunners that the 21-year-old will not be wearing any other club uniform just yet, but the north London side remains persistent and is keeping the communication lines open with Real, anticipating favourable developments.
Other strikers like Bayern Munich's Mario Mandzukic has been rumoured to be on the Gunners' target list, but, should their long-term targets be unavailable, a temporary move would serve them best.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness