Former Miss Venezuela Monica Spear Brutally Murdered: Toddler Daughter Escapes Narrowly: Five Facts About Her
By nidhi tewari | January 8, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Former Miss Venezuela and one of the world's most beautiful actress Monica Spear was brutally murdered along with an unknown man when their car crashed in Venezuela. She was just 29. The couple was found murdered on Monday evening inside their car.
According to local websites and initial police reports, Monica was holidaying in Peurto Cabello along with the yet-unidentified man and her five year old daughter. Their car was stopped and looted and the criminals fired on the family.
The couple's car broke down on Highway Waterford - Valencia , Carabobo State and they were reportedly waiting for someone to come and repair the vehicle. Monica is survived by their toddler daughter who was shot only in the legs and is currently in the hospital.
The cause of the muder is yet to be known and initial investigation has been initated. Here are five facts that you should know about Spear:
1.Spear was a native of Maracaibo, Zulia state and won the most coveted Miss Venezuela title in 2004 and participated in the Miss Universe 2005 in Bangkok, Thailand. She was the fourth runner-up.
2.She enjoyed her stint in the soap operas and starred in "Mi prima Ciela," "The Perfect Woman" and "Forbidden Passion."
3.When asked about her favorite playwright from Venezuela at the "breakfast with press" round after she won the Miss Venezuela title, her answer was quite a shocker. She answered, "Gabriel García Márquez," who is a Colombian writer.
4. Spear got married to Henry Berry, an English businessman in 2008 and was blessed with a daughter in 2008, whom she called Maya, in Oct 2008.
5.Contrary to popular reports, Spear was not traveling with her husband Berry as she does not live with him. According to The Independent,
Spear was accompanied by an Irish man and his identity is still not sure. Twitter is flooded with condolences for the beautiful actress and people was shocked at the news. Our prayers are with the 5-year-old Maya, who will now have to live without her mother.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies