Google Nexus 10 2 to Pack 12-Inch Screen Display and Ditch Menu Button?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 8, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 may pack a 12-inch screen display and let go of the menu button just like the newly released Samsung PRO tablets.
Google Nexus 10 2 release date on Oct 14
Google disappoints waiting fans again after the Nexus 10 2 was missing in action at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that kicked off yesterday. Google skipped a number of rumoured release dates since late last year and the company continues to build the tension of buyers waiting for the Nexus 10 2 by keeping its mouth shut and not disclosing any hint or detail when the tablet will hit the market. However, Google's partner, Samsung, surprised everyone by introducing four tablets in the market.
Now, the Nexus 10 2 may be back to the drawing board, according to Product-Reviews.net. Since reports stated that Samsung will be the maker of the second generation of Nexus 10, there were talks that the tablet may come with a bigger screen display and may ditch the menu button similar to what Samsung did to its new devices.
Samsung just launched the Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO 12.2 showing off the currently biggest screen panels with one of the highest pixel resolution in the market by sporting 12.2-inch LCD screen display. The tablets also killed the dedicated menu button packed in previous devices.
However, speculations arise that Google may turn to its other partners like LG and ASUS to design and manufacture the successor of Nexus 10. Reliable tipster @evleaks revealed in a tweet last year that ASUS could take the helm on Google's 10-inch tablet after the success of Nexus 7.
The original Nexus 10 is more than a year old, as it was released last November 2012 and fans are already anticipating the Nexus 10 2 release date. Previous rumours claimed that its successor will include features like 10-inch screen display with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, a bigger RAM of 3 GB and either a Tegra 4 CPU or Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip processor. The Nexus 10 2 may also come with 8 MP rear camera and will arrive in 16 GB and 32 GB storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes