Sony Xperia SP, Xperia T and Xperia V New Official Android 4.3 Build Certified Coming Out Before February 2014?
By Ryan Inoyori | January 8, 2014 1:05 PM EST
Sony is now polishing official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates for Xperia SP, Xperia T and Xperia V smartphones. PTCRB just certified the respective new firmware builds which are expected to be released before February 2014.
Sony Xperia SP New Build
It seems owners of Sony Xperia SP will not have to wait any longer to get their official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update which was supposedly released in December 2013 after the firmware upgrade of the Xperia Z series. Unfortunately, Sony suffered a delay related to bugs needed to be polished before the rollout.
PTCRB certified the firmware build 12.1.A.0.253 back in December 2013, and it seems like Sony did some ironing on the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the smartphone. A new firmware build 12.1.A.0.256 has been certified by PTRCB for Sony Xperia SP and it looks to be the final version of the software.
It is expected that Sony will release the official Android 4.3 in couple of weeks or before February 2014 with certain changes including Project Butter, Xperia Themes, Actionable Notifications and official updates of Sony's exclusive applications.
Xperia T and V Update
Following the Xperia SP new firmware build certification, PTCRB also certified a new official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build for Xperia T and V. The new firmware build is 9.2.A.0.278 that likely includes bug eliminations from the first certified firmware build 9.2.A.0.276. If it is the final version ready for rollout, expect the release in the next few weeks before February 2014 similar to Sony Xperia SP.
Some improvements include Project Butter, Actionable Notifications, Xperia Themes and Sony exclusive apps updates from the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrade.
Unfortunately, no certifications have been released for Sony Xperia TX yet and will probably be out after the release of Android 4.3 for Xperia SP, T and V.
Future Upgrade Plans
Among the three Xperia smartphones, only Xperia SP has an official future upgrade plan to Android 4.4 KitKat version, according to the software support page of Sony. The Xperia T and V Android 4.4 updates are still under investigation, and owners will know if Sony approves the update after the official Android 4.3 has been released.
Moreover, Sony expanded the Android 4.4 KitKat "under investigation" upgrade plans with Xperia TX, but the smartphone hasn't received any certification regarding its Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware.
Hopefully, all of these devices will receive an Android 4.4 KitKat for no doubt they can run it with capable hardware components.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced