Grigor Dimitrov on Relationship with Maria Sharapova: 'Things are Going Very Good'
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 8, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Tennis power couple Grigor Dimitrov and Maria Sharapova are already in Melbourne for the 2014 Australian Open.
For some, Dimitrov and Sharapova's relationship may still be unsubstantiated. After all, the two only became a couple in the second quarter of 2013 when they both confirmed their romantic relationship after the Madrid Open. Their relationship is a big commitment. Some people suggest that Bulgarian athlete work his way up the world rankings so that their love will be successful. However, the two seem to be taking their love for each other one day at a time.
Outside tennis, everything are going well for Dimitrov and Sharapova, The Herald Sun reported. "Things are going good," said Dimitrov. "We have a really good balance together," he added. He also revealed that the two of them enjoy doing normal things, much like what other people in a relationship do, whenever they can.
"It's nice to spend time together," said the 22-year-old athlete. Dimitrov and Sharapova love to go to great restaurants and just catch up with each other when they have a day or even half a day off the tennis court.
Dimitrov and Sharapova arrived in Brisbane together on Christmas Day. They chose to spend their holidays down under, also in preparation for the upcoming tournaments. Sharapova played in the recently concluded Brisbane International, and both will be competing for the 2014 Australian Open which starts on Jan 13.
As for his tennis career, Dimitrov is optimistic that he will do well this season. He just hired Australian Roger Rasheed as his new coach. He has been training hard and he feels confident.
"I'm feeling good, I know where I'm heading and what I want to do," said Dimitrov. "I'm happy to be back in Australia and hopefully it's the start of a great year," he said.
Dimitrov has potential. He started his 2014 season in the Brisbane International where he was seeded fifth. His next match will be at an exhibition match in Kooyong against Kei Nishikori.
MORE TENNIS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight