Grigor Dimitrov on Relationship with Maria Sharapova: 'Things are Going Very Good'
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 8, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Tennis power couple Grigor Dimitrov and Maria Sharapova are already in Melbourne for the 2014 Australian Open.
For some, Dimitrov and Sharapova's relationship may still be unsubstantiated. After all, the two only became a couple in the second quarter of 2013 when they both confirmed their romantic relationship after the Madrid Open. Their relationship is a big commitment. Some people suggest that Bulgarian athlete work his way up the world rankings so that their love will be successful. However, the two seem to be taking their love for each other one day at a time.
Outside tennis, everything are going well for Dimitrov and Sharapova, The Herald Sun reported. "Things are going good," said Dimitrov. "We have a really good balance together," he added. He also revealed that the two of them enjoy doing normal things, much like what other people in a relationship do, whenever they can.
"It's nice to spend time together," said the 22-year-old athlete. Dimitrov and Sharapova love to go to great restaurants and just catch up with each other when they have a day or even half a day off the tennis court.
Dimitrov and Sharapova arrived in Brisbane together on Christmas Day. They chose to spend their holidays down under, also in preparation for the upcoming tournaments. Sharapova played in the recently concluded Brisbane International, and both will be competing for the 2014 Australian Open which starts on Jan 13.
As for his tennis career, Dimitrov is optimistic that he will do well this season. He just hired Australian Roger Rasheed as his new coach. He has been training hard and he feels confident.
"I'm feeling good, I know where I'm heading and what I want to do," said Dimitrov. "I'm happy to be back in Australia and hopefully it's the start of a great year," he said.
Dimitrov has potential. He started his 2014 season in the Brisbane International where he was seeded fifth. His next match will be at an exhibition match in Kooyong against Kei Nishikori.
MORE TENNIS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Top 5 NBA Teams With The Highest Payroll In The 2014-2015 Season
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move