Grigor Dimitrov on Relationship with Maria Sharapova: 'Things are Going Very Good'
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 8, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Tennis power couple Grigor Dimitrov and Maria Sharapova are already in Melbourne for the 2014 Australian Open.
For some, Dimitrov and Sharapova's relationship may still be unsubstantiated. After all, the two only became a couple in the second quarter of 2013 when they both confirmed their romantic relationship after the Madrid Open. Their relationship is a big commitment. Some people suggest that Bulgarian athlete work his way up the world rankings so that their love will be successful. However, the two seem to be taking their love for each other one day at a time.
Outside tennis, everything are going well for Dimitrov and Sharapova, The Herald Sun reported. "Things are going good," said Dimitrov. "We have a really good balance together," he added. He also revealed that the two of them enjoy doing normal things, much like what other people in a relationship do, whenever they can.
"It's nice to spend time together," said the 22-year-old athlete. Dimitrov and Sharapova love to go to great restaurants and just catch up with each other when they have a day or even half a day off the tennis court.
Dimitrov and Sharapova arrived in Brisbane together on Christmas Day. They chose to spend their holidays down under, also in preparation for the upcoming tournaments. Sharapova played in the recently concluded Brisbane International, and both will be competing for the 2014 Australian Open which starts on Jan 13.
As for his tennis career, Dimitrov is optimistic that he will do well this season. He just hired Australian Roger Rasheed as his new coach. He has been training hard and he feels confident.
"I'm feeling good, I know where I'm heading and what I want to do," said Dimitrov. "I'm happy to be back in Australia and hopefully it's the start of a great year," he said.
Dimitrov has potential. He started his 2014 season in the Brisbane International where he was seeded fifth. His next match will be at an exhibition match in Kooyong against Kei Nishikori.
MORE TENNIS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions