Grigor Dimitrov on Relationship with Maria Sharapova: 'Things are Going Very Good'
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 8, 2014 12:53 PM EST
Tennis power couple Grigor Dimitrov and Maria Sharapova are already in Melbourne for the 2014 Australian Open.
For some, Dimitrov and Sharapova's relationship may still be unsubstantiated. After all, the two only became a couple in the second quarter of 2013 when they both confirmed their romantic relationship after the Madrid Open. Their relationship is a big commitment. Some people suggest that Bulgarian athlete work his way up the world rankings so that their love will be successful. However, the two seem to be taking their love for each other one day at a time.
Outside tennis, everything are going well for Dimitrov and Sharapova, The Herald Sun reported. "Things are going good," said Dimitrov. "We have a really good balance together," he added. He also revealed that the two of them enjoy doing normal things, much like what other people in a relationship do, whenever they can.
"It's nice to spend time together," said the 22-year-old athlete. Dimitrov and Sharapova love to go to great restaurants and just catch up with each other when they have a day or even half a day off the tennis court.
Dimitrov and Sharapova arrived in Brisbane together on Christmas Day. They chose to spend their holidays down under, also in preparation for the upcoming tournaments. Sharapova played in the recently concluded Brisbane International, and both will be competing for the 2014 Australian Open which starts on Jan 13.
As for his tennis career, Dimitrov is optimistic that he will do well this season. He just hired Australian Roger Rasheed as his new coach. He has been training hard and he feels confident.
"I'm feeling good, I know where I'm heading and what I want to do," said Dimitrov. "I'm happy to be back in Australia and hopefully it's the start of a great year," he said.
Dimitrov has potential. He started his 2014 season in the Brisbane International where he was seeded fifth. His next match will be at an exhibition match in Kooyong against Kei Nishikori.
MORE TENNIS NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools