Canadian Couple Discovers Human Tooth in ‘Spanish Peanuts’ on New Year
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 8, 2014 11:50 AM EST
A Canadian couple found a human tooth in their bag of peanuts on the New Year's Day.
The Winnipeg couple got more than what they asked for on the New Year as Graham Calder, 18, felt he had an additional Spanish peanut in his mouth. Michaela Epp, his 18-year-old girlfriend, discovered a human tooth from Graham's mouth. Graham is a student at the University of Lethbridge, while his girlfriend studies at the University of Manitoba. Both were on a break to visit Winnipeg during the New Year.
Michaela said that she had a look at the contents when Graham spit out what he had in his mouth. Graham was a bit apprehensive at first, suspecting that it could be his own tooth. The tooth was broken into three parts with an exposed root. According to Michaela, it looked a human tooth extracted straight from someone's mouth. Even though the situation was quite awkward, the couple definitely took it in good humour. Graham told his girlfriend that it was quite a way of starting the New Year.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is now investigating the case which involves Safeway, the peanuts company. The company is, nevertheless, notified of the incident. Company spokeswoman Betty Kellsey said that the company would cooperate completely during the investigation. The company is committed to food safety standards, she added.
North American countries, especially the United States, are infamous for serving their customers with foreign objects with food products. An Atlanta woman discovered a nose ring in McDonald's breakfast burrito while her daughter was having it. A Michigan man discovered a mouse in his salad which he bought at the supermarket. Fox News reported that a man from Illinois had earlier sued Kraft Foods Inc. when he found one rodent tooth in the food bag. There are fake claims as well. Anna Ayala unsuccessfully claimed that she had discovered a human finger in Wendy's "Chili Bowl".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports