Canadian Couple Discovers Human Tooth in ‘Spanish Peanuts’ on New Year
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 8, 2014 11:50 AM EST
A Canadian couple found a human tooth in their bag of peanuts on the New Year's Day.
The Winnipeg couple got more than what they asked for on the New Year as Graham Calder, 18, felt he had an additional Spanish peanut in his mouth. Michaela Epp, his 18-year-old girlfriend, discovered a human tooth from Graham's mouth. Graham is a student at the University of Lethbridge, while his girlfriend studies at the University of Manitoba. Both were on a break to visit Winnipeg during the New Year.
Michaela said that she had a look at the contents when Graham spit out what he had in his mouth. Graham was a bit apprehensive at first, suspecting that it could be his own tooth. The tooth was broken into three parts with an exposed root. According to Michaela, it looked a human tooth extracted straight from someone's mouth. Even though the situation was quite awkward, the couple definitely took it in good humour. Graham told his girlfriend that it was quite a way of starting the New Year.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is now investigating the case which involves Safeway, the peanuts company. The company is, nevertheless, notified of the incident. Company spokeswoman Betty Kellsey said that the company would cooperate completely during the investigation. The company is committed to food safety standards, she added.
North American countries, especially the United States, are infamous for serving their customers with foreign objects with food products. An Atlanta woman discovered a nose ring in McDonald's breakfast burrito while her daughter was having it. A Michigan man discovered a mouse in his salad which he bought at the supermarket. Fox News reported that a man from Illinois had earlier sued Kraft Foods Inc. when he found one rodent tooth in the food bag. There are fake claims as well. Anna Ayala unsuccessfully claimed that she had discovered a human finger in Wendy's "Chili Bowl".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date