Canadian Couple Discovers Human Tooth in ‘Spanish Peanuts’ on New Year
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | January 8, 2014 11:50 AM EST
A Canadian couple found a human tooth in their bag of peanuts on the New Year's Day.
The Winnipeg couple got more than what they asked for on the New Year as Graham Calder, 18, felt he had an additional Spanish peanut in his mouth. Michaela Epp, his 18-year-old girlfriend, discovered a human tooth from Graham's mouth. Graham is a student at the University of Lethbridge, while his girlfriend studies at the University of Manitoba. Both were on a break to visit Winnipeg during the New Year.
Michaela said that she had a look at the contents when Graham spit out what he had in his mouth. Graham was a bit apprehensive at first, suspecting that it could be his own tooth. The tooth was broken into three parts with an exposed root. According to Michaela, it looked a human tooth extracted straight from someone's mouth. Even though the situation was quite awkward, the couple definitely took it in good humour. Graham told his girlfriend that it was quite a way of starting the New Year.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is now investigating the case which involves Safeway, the peanuts company. The company is, nevertheless, notified of the incident. Company spokeswoman Betty Kellsey said that the company would cooperate completely during the investigation. The company is committed to food safety standards, she added.
North American countries, especially the United States, are infamous for serving their customers with foreign objects with food products. An Atlanta woman discovered a nose ring in McDonald's breakfast burrito while her daughter was having it. A Michigan man discovered a mouse in his salad which he bought at the supermarket. Fox News reported that a man from Illinois had earlier sued Kraft Foods Inc. when he found one rodent tooth in the food bag. There are fake claims as well. Anna Ayala unsuccessfully claimed that she had discovered a human finger in Wendy's "Chili Bowl".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June