Report highlights potential property hotspots in the UK in 2014
January 7, 2014 11:33 PM EST
The capital city and commuter belt are being driven by the London effect and in the rest of the country some other areas of the property market are just beginning to stir, says the report from national estate agents Jackson-Stops & Staff which has more than 40 offices nationwide.
But as confidence returns to the City, the attractions of more space, good schools and better transport links have combined to make many buyers look at moving to the country in 2014 and with spiralling prices in London, the country market looks even more attractive, it explains.
‘Two distinct markets have emerged from the downturn. London’s occupancy profile has altered significantly. Mobility is more important to young professionals who move around with work and may opt or be forced to rent rather than buy. People are working longer hours and want to be relatively close to their offices. They also need to be available to meet clients,’ said Nick Leeming, chairman of Jackson-Stops & Staff.
‘Working from home for two days a week and in London for the rest of the time has become less attractive. As a result, the London influence on the rest of the UK remains weak and has resulted in a two markets effect but this will change as confidence in the City improves,’ he pointed out.
‘International demand will continue to underpin central London and service sector growth will continue to sustain demand in the South East. Elsewhere, the main drivers will be regional economic growth,’ he added.
The report outlines how the London suburbs and places within an hour of London by train are benefiting from the rise in prices in the capital. Good transport links, excellent schools, and an appealing mix of shops, restaurants, leisure facilities and open spaces tend to be the essential characteristics for an appealing destination to move to or invest. These apply equally to the London suburbs and to attractive towns and villages across the UK and, according to Jackson-Stops & Staff agents across the UK, will be among the main reasons for moving in 2014.
As shortage of stock continues to force prices up in prime central London, people are selling up and heading out of town to the London suburbs and Home Counties in search of a larger house and garden and a change in lifestyle. However, the bright lights of the capital as a leading global city remain undiminished for international buyers.
‘This part of central London is not only close to the West End and the City but also well placed for speedy weekend exits to the country. Its appeal lies in the eclectic mix of traditional and bohemian styles, plus wonderful schools, parks, high end boutiques, bars and restaurants,’ said Sebastian Anduze from Jackson-Stops & Staff’s Holland Park office.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- U.S. Housing Starts Data in July Turns Around Lackluster Real Estate Growth
- Three U.S. Federal Agencies Cooperate for More Housing Choices
- Canada Developers Have a Taste for U.S. Hotspots
- Zillow to Acquire Web Real Estate Site Trulia
- China’s Wealthiest Man to Spend $1.7B on Australians Beachfront Resort on Gold Coast
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports