NBA Free Agency News: Los Angeles Clippers Interested in Turkoglu, Vujacic
By James Patrick Quizon | January 8, 2014 1:27 AM EST
With their star point guard Chris Paul out four to six weeks because of a shoulder injury, the Los Angeles Clipper are looking hard at the free agents list hoping to acquire a player or two that can help hold the fort while their leader is out.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Orlando Magic
Two names that are cropping up are veterans Sasha Vujacic and Hedo Turkoglu according to ESPN.COM.
The 29-year-old Vujajic is a 6-foot-7 guard from Slovenia and has last seen action for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-2011 season for 56 games averaging 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists—all career-highs. He played for the Los Angeles Lakers from 2004 to 2011 and has career averages of 5.6 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.
Meanwhile, Turkoglu is a 34-year-old tweener forward who has played 13 years in the NBA. The 6-foot-8 player from Turkey started his career with the Sacramento Kings in 2000 and played there for three year before suiting up for the San Antonio Spurs, Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptors and Phoenix Suns. Turkoglu has career averages of 11.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
Vujajic has reportedly been active with basketball workouts in the L.A. area after playing in internationally while Turkoglu was recently cut by Orlando and has cleared waivers, which means he’s now an unrestricted free agent and any NBA team can sign him outright.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers confirmed the interest.
“I just like him. He’s out there and we should look at him. I’ve always liked him. He can shoot and play [small forward and power forward],” said Rivers about the Turkish veteran in an interview with ESPN.COM
If signed, both are expected to get immediate playing time especially Vujajic because of the CP3 injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border