NBA Free Agency News: Los Angeles Clippers Interested in Turkoglu, Vujacic
By James Patrick Quizon | January 8, 2014 1:27 AM EST
With their star point guard Chris Paul out four to six weeks because of a shoulder injury, the Los Angeles Clipper are looking hard at the free agents list hoping to acquire a player or two that can help hold the fort while their leader is out.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Orlando Magic
Two names that are cropping up are veterans Sasha Vujacic and Hedo Turkoglu according to ESPN.COM.
The 29-year-old Vujajic is a 6-foot-7 guard from Slovenia and has last seen action for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-2011 season for 56 games averaging 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists—all career-highs. He played for the Los Angeles Lakers from 2004 to 2011 and has career averages of 5.6 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.
Meanwhile, Turkoglu is a 34-year-old tweener forward who has played 13 years in the NBA. The 6-foot-8 player from Turkey started his career with the Sacramento Kings in 2000 and played there for three year before suiting up for the San Antonio Spurs, Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptors and Phoenix Suns. Turkoglu has career averages of 11.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
Vujajic has reportedly been active with basketball workouts in the L.A. area after playing in internationally while Turkoglu was recently cut by Orlando and has cleared waivers, which means he’s now an unrestricted free agent and any NBA team can sign him outright.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers confirmed the interest.
“I just like him. He’s out there and we should look at him. I’ve always liked him. He can shoot and play [small forward and power forward],” said Rivers about the Turkish veteran in an interview with ESPN.COM
If signed, both are expected to get immediate playing time especially Vujajic because of the CP3 injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia