NBA Free Agency News: Los Angeles Clippers Interested in Turkoglu, Vujacic
By James Patrick Quizon | January 8, 2014 1:27 AM EST
With their star point guard Chris Paul out four to six weeks because of a shoulder injury, the Los Angeles Clipper are looking hard at the free agents list hoping to acquire a player or two that can help hold the fort while their leader is out.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Orlando Magic
Two names that are cropping up are veterans Sasha Vujacic and Hedo Turkoglu according to ESPN.COM.
The 29-year-old Vujajic is a 6-foot-7 guard from Slovenia and has last seen action for the New Jersey Nets in the 2010-2011 season for 56 games averaging 11.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists—all career-highs. He played for the Los Angeles Lakers from 2004 to 2011 and has career averages of 5.6 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game.
Meanwhile, Turkoglu is a 34-year-old tweener forward who has played 13 years in the NBA. The 6-foot-8 player from Turkey started his career with the Sacramento Kings in 2000 and played there for three year before suiting up for the San Antonio Spurs, Orlando Magic, Toronto Raptors and Phoenix Suns. Turkoglu has career averages of 11.9 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.1 assists.
Vujajic has reportedly been active with basketball workouts in the L.A. area after playing in internationally while Turkoglu was recently cut by Orlando and has cleared waivers, which means he’s now an unrestricted free agent and any NBA team can sign him outright.
Clippers head coach Doc Rivers confirmed the interest.
“I just like him. He’s out there and we should look at him. I’ve always liked him. He can shoot and play [small forward and power forward],” said Rivers about the Turkish veteran in an interview with ESPN.COM
If signed, both are expected to get immediate playing time especially Vujajic because of the CP3 injury.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports