5th ODI Where to Watch Live: New Zealand vs West Indies Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 8, 2014 12:56 AM EST
New Zealand will look to wrap up the series when they host the West Indies in the 5th and final ODI in Hamilton on Wednesday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 2 pm local time (6.30 am IST) start with live coverage on Neo Prime in India. The match can be live streamed online in the US HERE, while viewers in Africa can catch the action via live streaming HERE.
Kieran Powell will want to shine in the final ODI against New Zealand.
The Kiwis have taken a 2-1 lead in the five-match series after following back-to-back wins, the latest coming in Nelson courtesy a 58-run victory.
The West Indies began well in the series, winning the first ODI, but after the second one-day international was abandoned, the visiting side have lost momentum with injuries also playing a major factor.
Influential all-rounder Darren Sammy has already been ruled out of the rest of the ODI series, and will also miss the two T20 internationals following the one-day series.
Windies coach Otis Gibson, who is already without several of his star names including Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Marlon Samuels and Darren Bravo, rued the second-string players' inability to grab their opportunities after West Indies were faltering on 134 for five while chasing 286 before rain brought a premature end to the game.
"Another tough loss. The first 25 overs of our [bowling] innings was excellent," Gibson said. "But our fielding, a couple of dropped catches, which would've changed [things]. The way we fielded in the whole innings, particularly towards the end, New Zealand got 25, 30 runs too many. It wasn't a 280 pitch.
"Then losing a wicket through a run-out, when you need to be sensible for the first 20 [overs] - with the new balls, it's going be difficult. Losing a couple of wickets to run-outs was a tough blow. And then weather interrupted and that was that."
New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum was quite happy with his side's "efficient" performance. "It was an efficient win," he said. "Any time your top four batters make majority of the runs, it is a good sign.
"We wanted to get to around that 260-run mark. Credit to our batters to get us to 285, which was an above-par score and then to our bowlers, who took early wickets and set us up well before the rain came. The bowlers, specially the spinners were brilliant. They got through their overs quickly, setting us up well when the rain came."
McCullum also said he understands what the West Indies players are going through, with lack of form and injuries knocking down the confidence of an already fragile side even further. "They're obviously struggling at the moment," he added. "We know what it's like when you're coming to the end of a long tour and things are going against you in terms of injuries and performances.
"But they are a dangerous team, they've got plenty of flair and they're a very proud team, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they turn in their best performance in the next game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks