5th ODI Where to Watch Live: New Zealand vs West Indies Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 8, 2014 12:56 AM EST
New Zealand will look to wrap up the series when they host the West Indies in the 5th and final ODI in Hamilton on Wednesday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 2 pm local time (6.30 am IST) start with live coverage on Neo Prime in India. The match can be live streamed online in the US HERE, while viewers in Africa can catch the action via live streaming HERE.
Kieran Powell will want to shine in the final ODI against New Zealand.
The Kiwis have taken a 2-1 lead in the five-match series after following back-to-back wins, the latest coming in Nelson courtesy a 58-run victory.
The West Indies began well in the series, winning the first ODI, but after the second one-day international was abandoned, the visiting side have lost momentum with injuries also playing a major factor.
Influential all-rounder Darren Sammy has already been ruled out of the rest of the ODI series, and will also miss the two T20 internationals following the one-day series.
Windies coach Otis Gibson, who is already without several of his star names including Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Marlon Samuels and Darren Bravo, rued the second-string players' inability to grab their opportunities after West Indies were faltering on 134 for five while chasing 286 before rain brought a premature end to the game.
"Another tough loss. The first 25 overs of our [bowling] innings was excellent," Gibson said. "But our fielding, a couple of dropped catches, which would've changed [things]. The way we fielded in the whole innings, particularly towards the end, New Zealand got 25, 30 runs too many. It wasn't a 280 pitch.
"Then losing a wicket through a run-out, when you need to be sensible for the first 20 [overs] - with the new balls, it's going be difficult. Losing a couple of wickets to run-outs was a tough blow. And then weather interrupted and that was that."
New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum was quite happy with his side's "efficient" performance. "It was an efficient win," he said. "Any time your top four batters make majority of the runs, it is a good sign.
"We wanted to get to around that 260-run mark. Credit to our batters to get us to 285, which was an above-par score and then to our bowlers, who took early wickets and set us up well before the rain came. The bowlers, specially the spinners were brilliant. They got through their overs quickly, setting us up well when the rain came."
McCullum also said he understands what the West Indies players are going through, with lack of form and injuries knocking down the confidence of an already fragile side even further. "They're obviously struggling at the moment," he added. "We know what it's like when you're coming to the end of a long tour and things are going against you in terms of injuries and performances.
"But they are a dangerous team, they've got plenty of flair and they're a very proud team, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they turn in their best performance in the next game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related