5th ODI Where to Watch Live: New Zealand vs West Indies Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 8, 2014 12:56 AM EST
New Zealand will look to wrap up the series when they host the West Indies in the 5th and final ODI in Hamilton on Wednesday.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 2 pm local time (6.30 am IST) start with live coverage on Neo Prime in India. The match can be live streamed online in the US HERE, while viewers in Africa can catch the action via live streaming HERE.
Kieran Powell will want to shine in the final ODI against New Zealand.
The Kiwis have taken a 2-1 lead in the five-match series after following back-to-back wins, the latest coming in Nelson courtesy a 58-run victory.
The West Indies began well in the series, winning the first ODI, but after the second one-day international was abandoned, the visiting side have lost momentum with injuries also playing a major factor.
Influential all-rounder Darren Sammy has already been ruled out of the rest of the ODI series, and will also miss the two T20 internationals following the one-day series.
Windies coach Otis Gibson, who is already without several of his star names including Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Marlon Samuels and Darren Bravo, rued the second-string players' inability to grab their opportunities after West Indies were faltering on 134 for five while chasing 286 before rain brought a premature end to the game.
"Another tough loss. The first 25 overs of our [bowling] innings was excellent," Gibson said. "But our fielding, a couple of dropped catches, which would've changed [things]. The way we fielded in the whole innings, particularly towards the end, New Zealand got 25, 30 runs too many. It wasn't a 280 pitch.
"Then losing a wicket through a run-out, when you need to be sensible for the first 20 [overs] - with the new balls, it's going be difficult. Losing a couple of wickets to run-outs was a tough blow. And then weather interrupted and that was that."
New Zealand skipper Brendon McCullum was quite happy with his side's "efficient" performance. "It was an efficient win," he said. "Any time your top four batters make majority of the runs, it is a good sign.
"We wanted to get to around that 260-run mark. Credit to our batters to get us to 285, which was an above-par score and then to our bowlers, who took early wickets and set us up well before the rain came. The bowlers, specially the spinners were brilliant. They got through their overs quickly, setting us up well when the rain came."
McCullum also said he understands what the West Indies players are going through, with lack of form and injuries knocking down the confidence of an already fragile side even further. "They're obviously struggling at the moment," he added. "We know what it's like when you're coming to the end of a long tour and things are going against you in terms of injuries and performances.
"But they are a dangerous team, they've got plenty of flair and they're a very proud team, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they turn in their best performance in the next game."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6